Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele Speed Oven and Steamer Owners--Question

Posted by beekeeperswife (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 23, 12 at 10:51

If I put these in my island, will I be able to stand in front of one or both of them to work at the island? Or do they get too hot?

Thanks for your help.
Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele Speed Oven and Steamer Owners--Question

We have a Miele Speed Oven and no, it doesn't get too hot to stand in front of. I have no idea about the steam oven.

o

We have the Speed Oven too. Heat is not a problem. Have it under the counter in the baking area. The only issue is that I've never gotten over that irrational fear that standing in front of a microwave is bad for you...so I tend to avoid it when I'm microwaving but probably unnecessarily!

o

The handles will be the biggest obstacle.

The standard curved handle protrudes a fair amount from the door face and may cause you to have to stand farther away from the counter.

o

We have both the Miele Speed Oven and their Steam Oven side-by-side under the counter. The Steam Oven emits some steam that comes into the room, especially as it starts steaming, so do be cautious about standing in front of it. The Speed Oven sends out a stream of cool air while it's working. I love ours, especially because of the broiling element, which is great, and although I still haven't figured it all out, it's working great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here