Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marc_ia

for those interested in induction - electrolux coming

marc_ia
14 years ago

Our very good friend works at an appliance store where we just purchased the GE free standing induction range. He said that they have heard that next month they will get in the Electrolux slide in induction. It will have the blue interiour and the sliding racks and a second oven. All the things I wish I could get but cant and I have to have a range right now. He said it was going to be about a thousand dollars more that the current ones being offered. And, later in the year the regular free standing E will come out. I know some of you are thinking about induction so just thought you might like to know. I appreciate all the information I got here from a lot of you. I had to decide between the Samsung (noted problems) and the Kenmore ( new model problems). The one that most of you liked the was GE. Two places told me they just weren't out yet, but Sears had one and she said the reviews have been good. My friend was able to order one and get it tomorrow !!

Comments (4)

• cookie08
    14 years ago

If you get anymore info about the electrolux slide in induction range with double ovens, please post.

• stir_fryi SE Mich
    14 years ago

It sounds wonderful but, as much as I like my Kenmore Induction slide-in, I can't imagine spending any more money than I did on it ($2099).

I think induction is great and I love to cook but is it worth thousands more than a comparable electric or gas range? Not sure about that.

• warmfridge
    14 years ago

I just Emailed Electrolux, begging for details. If/when I get a response, I'll post it.

• warmfridge
    14 years ago

My question:
    ''Hello, I am planning to replace my current range later this year. Could you tell me if Electrolux plans to make an induction range (not just a cooktop) in the near future? And any details on possible features and availability date''

Their response:
    ''Thank you for contacting Electrolux Major Appliances. We do have plans to produce a range with an induction cooking surface this Spring.''