Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creamcabs

Electrolux Icon Refrigerator Temperature Problem

creamcabs
17 years ago

We have a Electrolux Icon (Designer Series) cabinet depth freestanding refrigerator. We have had it for about two months now and the temperature has always been too warm.

Here's our problem and where we stand w/Electrolux as of today:

The refrigerator temperature is in the 42-48 degree range on the top shelf when set at 33, the lowest setting. According to our refrigerator thermometor, the temp should be below 40 which is considered the "safe" range. This is not good for milk, which seems to be spoiling a week early.

In a last ditch effort to cool down the fridge, I even tried to turn the freezer down to it's lowest setting, -6. It had no effect, as I suspected, but figured it was worth a try...

I would probably be ok if the refrigerator temp was off a few degrees, as long as I could adjust it to easily keep the temp in the 35-40 degree range, but when I have to turn it all the way down to 33 just to hit the low to mid 40s, that is a problem.

I just got off of the phone w/Electrolux to schedule our 3rd service call! The first two times Electrolux sent out Sears repair techs, who were not even familiar w/Electrolux and if they could work on them. After a call back to HQ, they did some tests and tinkered around a bit, but bottom line, the fridge is no cooler. And to top it all off, the ice maker is leaking now. Very frustrating.

After speaking w/Electrolux customer service I learned, that if the problem persists after the third service call we can then begin the process (with a whole different department within Electrolux) to have the refrigerator replaced. I guess, we'll have to see what happens later this week when the tech comes out.

Definetly not what I expected from a brand new refrigerator. As you can see, we are "going through the motions" with Electrolux, but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems, and what steps they may have taken w/the manufacturer to resolve...

Comments (126)

• xokox
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I purchased an Electrolux French Door refrigerator in May of 2010 and I have had horrible problems with the temperature being too warm. I've had MULTIPLE service calls, and my story is exactly like "morecoffeeplease"'s. In fact, I can pretty much just say "ditto" to all of what they've posted.

I was told it was a design flaw and really there wasn't anything I could do about the temp in the refrigerator being too warm. I have it set to 33 degrees and the temperature in it this morning was 52 degrees.

NOW, a few days ago, my ice maker started dripping and the ice was melting. I thought maybe there was ice or something stuck in the tray, making it stay open and that's why the ice melted, so I pulled it all the way out, dumped the melting ice, cleaned it up and also checked the chamber where the tray slides into to make sure there was no blockage. I put the ice tray back and let it make more ice. It did, but by the next evening, the ice was melting and there were big puddles forming in my refrigerator and in the dispenser area, dripping onto the floor. I'm so disgusted with this refrigerator I could just take it out and shoot it for target practice. It's a VERY expensive refrigerator, but all it's been is a headache and a source of contention in our household. We purchased it from an appliance repair company, who told me it was a return from a gentleman who wanted a less complex unit (he didn't like all the touch controls, etc.), and that he had only used it for 3 months or so, so it was still under factory warranty. It seemed like a great deal at the time, as it was a lot less than it would have been new, but it still cost us quite a bit. I wish I had never BEGGED my husband to get it for us. :(

• mnmom_2010
    13 years ago

Sorry that we didn't see these posts before buying our all fridge Icon last spring. Now we have ice on the back wall, frozen produce in the bottom drawer and 50+ degrees on the top shelf - could the associated small leak (from a drain hole near the bottom lower level) be part of the answer to our problem?

Repair person is due out next week - I'll let you know how it goes.

In the mean time, we'll check the balance as suggested by trumanii in July 08.

If the repair doesn't work, I'll be on internet sales sites sharing my reviews so that others don't get caught up in an ongoing problem.

• mnmom_2010
    13 years ago

Repairman Alex is here now and tells me that we have a bad controller board. He is defrosting the coils (located behind the panel behind the produce drawers) and will order the part which he said should come in ~5 working days. Hopefully, this will be the answer to our problems.

So far, so good... I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

• avazquez00646_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I would never buy another Electrolux ever. The icon refrigerator has been a total nightmare. Its a worthless piece of garbage. Not even worth for recycling. I am going to throw the thing out in the trash and just buy a new refrigerator.

• tkwdavis_charter_net
    12 years ago

Simply said.... ALL Electrolux appliances SUCK!!!! DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!

• rhome410
    12 years ago

No details?

2 people who post to an OLD thread, have email addresses instead of member pages, and no previous posts? Am I wrong in thinking this is odd?

• blewbyeyou_excite_com
    12 years ago

In 2008 I remodeled my kitchen and replaced all the appliances.
    I also have the Frigidaire twin Electrolux Icon All Refrigerator and All Freezer, made by Electrolux.

YES A PIEACE OF CRAP!!!!!!! IT IS CURRENTLY BROKEN.

Definetly not what I expected from a brand new refrigerator.

It has been broken 3 times in less than 3 year of service. I have the same temperature problem.

I have replaced the unit in the Freezer twice. Still freezer Ice build up on the back wall behind the panel. Temperature is to warm in the fridge, produce freeze in fridge drawer, Food spoils to quick in the meat drawer, Milk seems to go bad fast and its realy never that cold.

As of now our food is in the old Refrigerator in the garage (Jenn-air) its about 14 yrs old and have not had any problems with it.

• workingondreamhouse
    12 years ago

OH NO! We were trying to save a little money in the kitchen and were looking at the ICON Professional All Fridge and All Freezer twins as opposed to the Thermador, Liebherr or (Gasp! at the price) subzero units. Now I'm very concerned. I know there is at least one person out there happy with her set - I think she even posted pictures of the inside of her fridge (how brave - I could never so that!). Anyone else have thoughts?

• athensmomof3
    12 years ago

working - I went through the same thought process and the price and looks are very appealing but I couldn't find any good reviews - they seem consistently bad. I have also heard issues with the Liebherr from a reliability standpoint. I think your best bet is the Sub or the Thermador or some sort of alternative arrangement (extra fridge in garage/basement, fridge drawers, freezer in pantry/laundry/garage) to get the capacity you want.

We are doing a SZ 48" plus fridge drawers plus a freezer in our laundry.

• rhome410
    12 years ago

Working...The person who wrote that recent complaint above is another poster who resurrected this very old thread, and whose name is listed with an email address instead of 'my page,' which I find very unusual.
    They also said:
    I also have the Frigidaire twin Electrolux Icon All Refrigerator and All Freezer, made by Electrolux.

The Frididaire Twins are not the same as the Electrolux Icons, even though Electrolux does manufacture both. But no one I know that has either would refer to it by both names? (That'd be like someone talking about their car saying I have the Honda Prelude Acura Integra. ???)

The Electrolux Icons came out after the Frigidaire Twins and have nicer interiors, and I haven't seen a lot of negative reports here about those in particular. We've had 2 of the Icon all-fridges, and 1 all-freezer for almost 3 1/2 years without any temperature problems. Someone from the forum did email me recently about their all-freezer, about the same age as mine, needing a new board (the fun of electronics)...but I can't find it to confirm details. It could have been the fridge, but I think it was freezer.

• bnawa_gmail_com
    12 years ago

We have an Electrolux fridge, on 3rd trip by service in under 2 years of ownership. E-lux CS very difficult to deal with. Unhappy with entire line. We purchased the double oven, conduction top, and dishwasher and refrig unit. Only the dw has not had a service call. Would discourage anyone from purchasing this line or anything the parent company sells. The service technician agreed that these have issues. He attempted to gloss over that its electronics, I work with high end electronics and lasers, that is bull. It's design flaws and or issues with raw materials in production of boards or the QC process in testing and releasing these items, bottom line. It's not worth the headaches. I am kicking myself in the $%^&* for putting all our eggs in one basket, never again.

• TOE_CHEESE
    12 years ago

I have a Frigidaire Gallery that has been experiencing the same problem with the refrigerator cooling. It was just short of a year when we noticed the milk spoiling long before the "sell by" date. We've had a serviceman out while still under warranty and he replaced the control module and temperature sensor. Everything was fine for about a month before I noticed the temp was running high again. I have worked my way from the initial temp setting recommended of 37 degrees down the lowest possible of 33 but the temperature in the box hovers around 42-43. Now the warranty has expired. I contacted Frigidaire and they agreed to supply any parts and pay for the service since the original problem had started under warranty. That was a push. I'm going with a different service company and they are expected to come out with a few days.

Question: Maybe my answer is contained somewhere in the many previous posts but I would like to know how the icemaker problem described in several posts is related to the refrigerator temperature fluctuation. Our reefer doesn't have any icemaker issues as of yet.

• hiho_hiho_com
    12 years ago

I wish I had read this blog before buying my Electrolux refridgerator. The temperature of the freezer is 42 degree even after I set it to -6. As soon as I close and open the door the temperature goes back to 42.

I called for Sears repair, and pay the visit cost of $82. He does not know what it is for the first time and recommend the controller is not good and he needs to get the part.

On the 2nd visit by a different tech, the controller and labor cost $275. The temperature still does not register when I lower it down to 3 degree. He said to leave it for 24 hours for it to freeze.

Call Sears again for a 3rd attempt, another tech came and the diagnostic is the compressor needs to be replaced and the cost to order the part is $834 and if order after 2 weeks he would come out again.

I was flabbergasted with the Electrolux and Sears repair. Oh by the way, to schedule Sears for Brooklyn, each time it would take 10-16 days.

Never again with any Electrolux appliance.

• tubeman
    12 years ago

Wow Brooklyn Guy that really sux. What model was it and when did you buy it? I am (was) planning on installing the Icon fridge. This is not rocket science! What is their problem!!!

Where is the Elux rep to respond to thses threads?

• Caddidaddy55
    12 years ago

Fortunately, I read this thread in time. I was considering an Elux FD standard depth with the wave touch controls and ice and water thru the door. I wound up buying a KA (made by Whirlpool) Architect series II eith the LCD display and ice and water thru the door. Just got it last week, but it works perfectly.

• kimbakat_mac_com
    12 years ago

YEP....I bought a Frigidaire model P/N 241543911 with the silver front.

It worked for about 4 years and I started increasing it gradually to the cooler number...over a period of 6 months..it got warmer and warmer...so there was NO AIR coming below from the freezer to the bottom fridge area. NONE.

I had a repair guy..come and defrost it after he removed tons of ice from the behind the back panel. Worked good for about 4 weeks..and BAM..the food below was room temperature. So I removed the back panel..to defrost with a hair dryer. Then it gets warmer over a period of about 2-3 weeks.

I called for service again..and took some photos of the glacier in my freezer over the coils.

• bonesoda
    12 years ago

What kind of fridges are these? With icemaker/water at the front or without ice/water at the front models?

• caligurl
    12 years ago

i cannot even believe this problem has been going on this long!?! i'm reading in here because i'm in the process of picking out a new refrigerator to replace my frigidaire gallery that... surprise surprise.. will not cool! i can't tell you how appalled i am that this has been going on with their products for 4 years and yet they claim there are no known issues with warm fridges. OHMIGOD! what a HORRID company!

we are actually on our FOURTH replacement... so i'll give them that... with me that are at least willing to keep replacing... however i'm sick of dealing with them... sick of not being able to go to the store and stock up for a week or two... sick of throwing my money in the garbage (food that spoils too soon because it's not at a safe temperature)..... sick of having to take time off work to meet service men and delivery guys! so this time instead of taking the replacement (which matches my stove and hood) i'm looking for another option that will actually keep my food cold!

electrolux/frigidaire... you really are horrid! i will be informing the consumer safety ocuncil.

• tubeman
    12 years ago

A refrigerator is not rocket science! What is Elux's problem?

• tubeman
    12 years ago

A refrigerator is not rocket science! What is Elux's problem?

• workingondreamhouse
    12 years ago

I am sick to my stomach. I have three Electrolux ICON products on order, the all-fridge and all-freezer, and the IQ full depth Frech Door refrigerator with external water and ice. I can still cancel this order which I am seriously considering after reading this thread.

On another thread I read that these were old problems and had been fixed and that the all-fridge and all-freezer did not appear to be plagued by the same problems.

Is there ANYONE who has had a good experience?????

Is there anyone who has had their situation resolved to their satisfaction?

Did anyone buy extended warranties? I have read that these warranties are mostly a crock and there's always a loophole for the seller when you go to use it, so generally I do not buy them. Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances in this case....

• tubeman
    12 years ago

This is a very old thread started 5 years ago. I'm sure they have made progress. Purchase an extended warranty and rest at ease.

• jscout
    12 years ago

For what it's worth, I have the Frigidaire Pro all fridge/freezers. I've had them in since October and they've been fine. If I understand correctly, these are essentially the same as the Elux, with less bells/whistles and less refined bins/shelving/lighting. After reading this thread followed up by more recent favorable threads, I decided it was worth the risk on the assumption that they improved the line. I have thermometers in each unit and they've been spot on.

• mooker82
    12 years ago

Mine died today. It needs a new compressor and control panel. Parts and labor are almost the price of a new one. Customer service said I should have bought the extended warranty. I have owned it for 2 years and 4 months. It has been in service for 2 years. This is on top of the numerous frozen water line issues and temperature control problems. There were 8 service calls in the first year before I finally gave up and decided that I really did not need chilled water from the dispenser. My Electrolux dishwasher has also died. $4500 in appliances dead in 2 years of use. $2250 a year for a dishwasher and fridge seems expensive to me.

• Neshra
    12 years ago

Well I am willing to send you photos of what junk these people make and don't stand behind their product. I will be putting them on Facebook as well as Youtube soon for everyone to see. My entire Icemaker, which never worked right to begin with, broke down and when I removed the Ice bucket which is stationary to my surprise is all rusted and the some metal platting has been peeling and going into our ice little by little. I will add more photos after the ice was melted.

• mooker82
    12 years ago

I ended up biting the bullet and purchasing a new refrigerator. My new Kitchen-Aid arrived yesterday. The overall quality feels much better.

Electrolux finally agreed to replace the parts but I must pay the labor to fix the old one. Labor is still too expensive and I am sure I will still have issues with the refrigerator. They also emailed me the information on what I would need to do to file a claim with them for the water damage caused by the leaking. Basically I would need to send the entire unit to Electrolux for an undetermined amount of time so that they can inspect it. So I would have been without a refrigerator for months, incurred ridiculous shipping costs, and still probably have a claim denied.

I will never purchase another Electrolux product and I advise you to do the same. I am really considering painting the refrigerator up like a lemon and driving it to their Corporate offices which are 3 hours away, parking it outside and call the local news.

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Keep those fingers crossed - we have an elux fridge and love it!
    Let's start a new thread

• GEARHEADGRRRL
    11 years ago

I have read through all these posts and it just makes me want to cry. I have owned my very expensive ($3500) Electrolux Refrigerator for four years and now it seems that there may not be hope for it. I have had issues with the water line freezing up. I had an issue where the paddle for the water/ice despenser BROKE OFF completely and had to be replaced because it was made out of garbage pot metal. And now, finally, after four years I'm am experiencing the Temperature problems as described by everyone else. I lost over $500 worth of frozen meat because my fridge just started warming up one day without any warning! I begged my husband for this refrigerator because I THOUGHT that you might get a quality product when paying this much and I am horrified that this is the outcome. I have two children and I never realized how badly I rely on this appliance to store my food so I can cook and provide for them. We do not have the money to buy a new refrigerator and the whole thing just makes me sick.

• Mikeqqq
    11 years ago

I have an E Lux side by side fridge and freezer. Both have warm temperature issues on the higher shelves. The fridge is freezing food in the lower vegetable bins. The problem that I'm experiencing on both units is that the defrost circuit is not completely defrosting the evaporator coils allowing them to ice up. The evaporator coils are located in the lower part of the units and their function is similar to the radiator on your car except they are cold and suck in heat instead or being hot and giving off heat like on your car. The coils are what cool the inside of your fridge and freezer, but will ice up when moisture is blown across them as the fan circulates the internal air cooling your food. According to E Lux, every 12 hrs of compressor operation the heating element that surrounds the evaporator is supposed to turn on and melt any frost buildup on the evaporator coils. The controller that you can set form 1-7 is what powers the heating element. If the heating element does not melt the ice build up on the evaporator, the evaporator eventually becomes a block of ice and won't allow the cold air to circulate. The evaporator is right behind the vegetable bing causing them to freeze in the fridge. I've taken apart both units to de-ice the coils which became blocks of ice causing the units to not operate properly. They both work great for a few days until the coils ice up again. As far as I can tell, there is a defect in the electronic control circuit in these units and for whatever reason E Lux hasn't been able to figure it out. I've had my units for 1.5 yrs now and was surprised to see how long this has been going on. I've also had little luck with the substandard help from the 877 help line posted on the labels on the units. I think there is a design issue inherant to the controllers that the technicians cannot fix by simply replacing parts (the controller).

• biggs
    10 years ago

Most of the modern fridges are nothing but problems plus they are not built to last thats how the manufacturers stay in business its a revolving door they make you buy anyway had major issues with our american fridge freezer and it took us a while before i found a service agent in the uk london area agsrefrigeration.co.uk
    they manage to fix damm thing so far so good next time think i will be getting something a bit simpler.

• flalady
    9 years ago

Are you aware Electrolux is Frigidaire? If you check all the reviews on Electrolux/ Frigidaire you would have purchased this as buyer beware.
    But also , folks usually only post with a problem not when they are happy with product !

• mbarose
    8 years ago

I bought my house with appliances, all new, in fall of 2012. Wondered why i kept having milk and cream go bad. It is spring 2015. I finally checked the temperature. 46 degrees is the lowest on bottom shelf, about 48 on top. Obviously they haven't fixed the problem. had to buy an extended warranty. Waiting for service call. I am very upset that this frig went bad long before I even noticed it 2.5 years later. it probably was bad in the first year. Has anyone ever gotten a resolution? This is a Frigidaire Electrolux. Never again.

• rw_raym
    8 years ago

I have an Electrolux Icon Prof. Series and I started having problems before the 5year warranty ran out. I had the upper unit replaced and a new control board in May of 2014 and now the problem persists again. The control board will say the inside Temp. is 47 and I have two thermos. inside that read 57 and 58 degrees. I have a service man to come out tomorrow (June 29, 2015) to look at it again. He is going to look at the sensors while he on the line with Electrolux. They have not been helpful in the past. I understand these units are produced by Fridgedire. I also had to have 8, that's correct eight, ranges replaced. Now sometimes you can walk by and smell gas. Evidently it may coming from where they crimp the knobs (regulators) onto the main tube. The place where I purchased the units as closed. I have had to pay for the repairs in May 2014. It appears Electrolux may be unionized and they don't give a damn how the products they make are doing. And further more don't have the knowledge to repair one. I really wish is had purchased used appliances instead of Electrolux.

• kaseki
    8 years ago

I'm sorry that this is still going on. The early part of this and similar threads back in 2007 are why I bought a SubZero at much higher cost than Electrolux units. My fear then was that E'lux would hold me hostage for more cost than a SubZero, even including the cost of money. The continuation of this topic to now leads me to conclude that their historical unacceptable design and support practices are part of a process, not an anomaly.

kas

• PRO
    Stafford Design Build
    8 years ago

I have am Electrolux Icon and have had nothing but issues...but managed. Now it won't keep the food cold enough and we throw milk and meat away weekly. We are buying bags of ice and putting them in the fridge like in the days. When I was a young boy my parents would change the appliances because they went out of style, not because they were crap. I'll never buy a Fridgedire product again nor will I recommend one to my clients. Period.

• calandrelliarlene
    8 years ago

You described us to a tee. Our refridgerator stays at fourty two. Freezer and drawer perfect. Nothing what I expected from a brand new fridge. They are putting us through hell. The fan was dead. The thermistor dead. Seals replaced. Another sensor and more seals and duct tape. Still no change. Four months of b.s. four service calls d or repairs not even counting several repair men to see what parts they needed to order. Still no answer if they will replace it! They said maybe we need another tech. No way! I'm done. I want a new fridge now. Please stay away from this brand!!!!

• hvtech42
    8 years ago

Wow, you have had some incompetent technicians. If they won't replace your fridge, I would be demanding they send out a different company ASAP who actually knows what they're doing, and I would be sure to let them know how utterly useless this "authorized servicer" is.

• calandrelliarlene
    8 years ago

We just had the third repair company at our house. He said this fridge is fine. He said it reads thirty three just like it is set at when he used his temp gun. My husband asked to see it. It read fourty two. Just like the thermomitors we put inside said. He said oh that's close enough. is this for real? Husband instructed him to leave! He then said sign my paper so I can get paid. Not happening

• CHERYL JANSEN
    8 years ago

I recently purchased an Electrolux french door model without the indoor ice maker. It's been installed approximately seven weeks. The ice maker never worked from day one as well as the door control panel and the heater that keeps condensation from collecting on the door flap. It drips water on the kitchen floor when you open the doors. Last night it began thumping and the freezer temperature is unstable creating a food safety issue.

Electrolux sent out a repairman who works for LOWES (not where I purchased) who had no parts with him but said all were defective and he needed to replace all three but had to order the parts. Now with two additional new problems I believe I just got a lemon and replacing it is the only solution.

Electrolux wants to send out another repairman which is OK but if the internal control board is bad then replacing these five parts doesn't seem like anything more than a bandaid fix and the problems will reoccur.

The store where I purchased, AJ MADISON. is not much help because they rely on what the manufacturer tells them to do, which is send out another repairman. To me if five components are bad after seven weeks then it's pretty safe to say it's just a lemon.

I thought Electrolux was a quality product but it is made in Mexico and it's cheaply made. I would not recommend purchasing an Electrolux product to anyone because they do not stand behind their products and have no direct service providers. Maybe at one time they were a good company with a reliable quality product but they're not anymore.

• kaseki
    8 years ago

This topic has been ongoing for a while, and is paramount in why I bought an SZ instead of Electrolux back in late 2007. Sometime between now and then I recall a parallel discussion here about what fix actually worked for one of the problems. It related to the device between the freezer and refrigerator that varied its aperture to control the amount of cold air that was let into the refrigerator side. It was mis-calibrated, or freezes up, or the wiring had a problem --- I forget. This is likely different from the failure to auto defrost that is also reported above.

A search of this forum may find more on this topic.

kas

• mbarose
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Part 2 and 3. Had a 2nd service call. The first call rep said thermostat goes bad slowly over time. I suspect it's happening again. Second rep tells me it's my fault. Freezer too full. Stuff around thermostat in frig. Well now freezer is empty, Frig just about. Setting almost as far as it can go. Bought a refrigerator thermometer since he told me i couldn't rely on one i had. Well cream going bad again. Temp up to 40. It was 38 when he left. Guess i have to call again. I had to buy the 2 year warranty just to deal with all this. 3 year old frig.40 degrees is maximum acceptable temp. Will this take over 2 years to fix? Shouldn't i expect more than mid range acceptable temps in frig?

• Wayne Hughes
    7 years ago

Same problem Electrolux refrigerator ew28bs85ks top ice maker froze up after defrosting it, it finally made ice two days later. I have the freezer set for -6 and the fridge set fro 33 and I'm getting readings around 48 with a digital thermometer. Had a dented door when it was delivered they finally replaced that; now I have no idea where to go regarding the temps. There is a service mode however you need to know what the symbols mean. Anyone know how to calibrate the refrigerator temp? And yes my warranty expired in December.

• quasifish
    7 years ago

Interesting thread. I have an 11 y.o. frigidaire that has had the same issues listed in this thread. After defrosting the ice maker one too many times, we bought a new one through a parts dealer on ebay. The shape/style of the ice maker purchased after-market was a bit different, but we've had zero problems with the ice maker since (knock on wood).

Also had a temporary problem with the temperature and found it to be what Kaseki mentions a few posts above. In our case, keeping the refrigerator side cool, requires keeping certain pathways free- we found those particularly to be in the back of the shelf under the ice maker on the freezer side, and on the top shelf in the fridge side- so that must be where the circulation takes place. We have to keep that middle shelf in the freezer loosely packed with nothing pressed all the way to the back, or there goes the temp in the fridge side- just the way it's designed, but sheesh. I'd be especially frustrated if I didn't have a deep freeze in the garage and depended on that freezer for more packed/long term storage.

Wayne, I'd try to get the contents of the fridge and freezer down to a minimal level and away from the back of the interior-- and see if doing that allows more circulation and hence the fridge cabinet cooling to a greater extent. Also, keep in mind that if you are opening the door frequently to check the air temperature, you can get misleading readings. We used a high quality mercury thermometer placed in a glass of water in the refrigerator- this gives you an accurate reading of what the contents of your refrigerator are being kept at. This morning I had the door open for a while to clean the shelves, so the air temperature in the refrigerator had increased somewhat, but the temps of the milk/meat/etc. didn't have a chance to rise much before the cabinet cooled again.

• lorilamb
    6 years ago

I also haven't had the best of luck. Mine are 3 years old. I am on ice maker number 3. Recently my fridge has been freezing things...even after I have turned up the temperature. I bought the ones for my house from Coast but recently purchased a similar set from Costco. I think I would go with the Costco ones as I suspect the ease of repair and / or return would be much better with their excellent return policy.

• calandrelliarlene
    6 years ago

. You described everything I went to went through. So it's not over. I went through the first person deeming it unrepairable after 9 attempts to repair they said once it's deemed unrepairable I would get an exchange that's not the case. They said they need a second company to deem it unrepairable 11 more attempts of repairing , he deemed to unrepairable. Then it has to go to a board that they vote on whether they're going to replace yours or not. I went through 7 months of hell. Food spoiling way before its time it was a disaster. If it weren't for us Calling daily and complaining and keeping on top of it for 7 months straight I would have never got another refrigerator then I was told by the company I purchased the refrigerator from the beginning said don't even bother setting up the water line that'll bring on all new problems so here I am with the refrigerator that cost me a lot of money I can not use the automatic ice maker in fear I will cause more problems. This occurred only one and a half years ago. Good luck don't give up

• ellengass
    5 years ago

We have STAND ALONE Electrolux Icon fridge (model E32AR75JPS2) and freezer (model E23AF75JPS2). Purchased in 2014. Began using in new house in spring of 2015. Haven't had freezer problems. Fridge ok for 2 years, but then began freezing liquids despite no change to temperature setting. Had repairmen out in autumn 2017 & they said everything looked okay and they couldn't explain why liquids were freezing. Oddly enough, the freezing problem stopped after they left. But, worse, I started noticing that the fridge seemed warm: lettuce was going bad very quickly and milk tasted warmer than normal. Over period of a month or two in spring 2018, food began souring very quickly. I noticed the temperature displayed on the gauge in the fridge began reading at 54 degrees even though the temp is set at 34 degrees. Put in independent thermometer, and it read 54. But now: fridge temp gauge/display bounces back and forth: sometimes reads 34 degrees, sometimes reads ~54 degrees. Independent thermometer in fridge reads at a consistent 54 degrees. Calling repairmen back. Pulling out hair.

• HU-496230349
    5 years ago

I just joined this thread. We have a 10 year old Elux french door, cabinet depth fridge with the "wave" controls. There is nothing to say except these appliances are crap. My ice maker was repaired three times under warranty and then I was part of a class action suit that netted me $100. Yes - just $100. No one will even try and fix the ice maker now - all repair centers have given up. New issue - My fridge section is at 42 degrees with the setting at 33. Bad, but not as bad as some folks who have posted here with temps in the 50's. A salesman at Best Buy told me they lost $80 million replacing Elux fridges under BB's satisfaction guarantee. I have a repair contract with my electric company and they have tried once to fix the temp issue, to no avail. They'll be back Monday to try again. This was a $3500 purchase, and I am considering replacing it with a GE Cafe series - also cabinet depth. They may make good vacuums, but all Elux kitchen appliances are garbage. There should be a better way to sue them. BTW - my 25 year old Hotpoint top freezer unit in the basement keeps food at 34 degrees and makes lots of ice!!

• Andrew McCririck
    4 years ago

I've owned the dual fuel stove, Icon dishwasher, and Icon french door fridge for 7 years or so. Smartly purchased 5 year warranty on dishwasher as motherboard had to be replaced. My brother bought same minus the fridge. He was provided brand new dishwasher after too many service calls. Anyway, my post is about the fridge. I have a High temp reading for top and after adjusting temp downwards, it doesn't want to cool. I reset to default settings and still fridge doesn't want to cool. Is there a trick to fix or is it just broken?

• Steven Follett
    3 years ago

My 9 year old Electrolux French Door Stainless Steel Fridge has been malfunctioning for about a year. Same warm fridge problem as above originally. The fridge was hot but the freezer is fine. Discovered the problem. The fridge lights do not turn off when you close the doors! Nice little heaters working away warming your food under bright lights. Ours got so hot they melted the plastic on the top of the fridge above the bulbs. Our work around was to replace lights with low voltage LED lights. They are still always on but not as hot. The two appliance repairmen have no clue where the light switch is located. Electrolux came up with a "latch" part number but was not able to say where it is located. Two Electrolux approved parts suppliers are able to identify the freezer switch but have no clue where fridge switch is located. Work around sort of works except for food that is sensitive to light like potatoes that should be stored in dark place. Frustrating.

• Chili Palmer
    2 years ago

Would never buy another Electrolux product. Have the French door fridge and has always given me problem. Replaced main circuit board 3 time now, Replaced evaporator fan 4 time, replaced defrost thermostat one time. Ice maker stop working 6 months after I bought this fridge and never worked after that . Had over 12 service calls and was never fixed. The inside light was so hot it actually melted and crack the cavity of the fridge. The cheap plastic they used on the door lining all cracked and broken off after one year. This was the worst purchase I ever made and Electrolux customer service was even worst. Please don't waste your money on Electrolux appliance.