Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilireno_gw

ge induction range - phs925stss on an island?

LiliReno
11 years ago

HI, If you have or have seen this slide-in induction range, I would love to hear your opinion. Do you think it would look good in an island? I'm looking at the little ridge that sticks up in the back and concerned it will not look sleek on an island. I would love to have the CT, oven and warming drawer all in one shot, so I would be willing to sacrifice in the looks department a little bit.

I know I should look at it myself, but I don't have a car and it would help to hear from others first. Thanks!

Comments (4)

• fauguy
    11 years ago

I've see the slide-in double-oven model, that looks the same on the top as the induction slide-in model. The rear "lip" is stainless and has a vent opening that goes to the oven. It doesn't stick up much, and would probably look fine on an island. For the price, its more budget friendly than individual induction cook top, wall oven, and warming drawer. Also you'd have to run electrical for each one of those!

• weedmeister
    11 years ago

The alternative would be the Elux model.

• fauguy
    11 years ago

But with the Elextrolux, you have to purchase and install the side panels. With the GE it had them already on the unit from the factory. Also, the Elextrolux is a traditional-style slide-in that is meant to have a rear counter trim strip behind the back burners. The GE slid-in is to be installed in a traditional sized "free-standing range" space without a rear counter strip.

• weedmeister
    11 years ago

you only 'have' to purchase the side panels if one or both sides are exposed. Being a slide-in implies that it is slid into an opening, not 'free-standing'.

If it is going to be installed in a cabinet run (island or otherwise) and be at the end of the run, then a side panel is required. As to the counter, the top is not the full depth of the cabinet. It is actually slid forward a bit and requires a strip behind it. However, the oven cavity is full-depth, iirc.