Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Induction Cooktop choice (yes, another one)

Posted by scotkight (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 17, 14 at 9:25

I'm thinking about the bosch 800 series 36" cooktop. Seems to be the right mixture of features and reliability. As well as no complaints of buzzing.

that being said, I am concerned about cooking using things like my cast iron griddle, and using a roasting pan and trying to deglaze. Mostly since the 800 does not have a bridged burner setup.

Is this an issue? If so, what options do i have in a comparable brand with similar reliability, looks and options? Cost *IS* an object here :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Induction Cooktop choice (yes, another one)

I've had bad experience with the Bosch brand myself, though never had one of their induction units. For a recent induction purchase of my own I used warranty life as an indicator of the mfgs.' belief in the unit's reliability.

o

scotkight: "Mostly since the 800 does not have a bridged burner setup. ... what options do i have in a comparable brand with similar reliability, looks and options? Cost *IS* an object here"

The LG LCE30845 is a 30" (not a 36") induction cooktop that has a true bridging pair of elements. It is fairly basic: no timers for the burners, for example. But it is much less expensive than a Bosch and just as reliable.

o

My appliance dealer told me that Bosch is coming out with a new 36" induction cooktop in April. It will have the large central burner that it now has, and the areas to the left and right will be zoneless, allowing for griddles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here