Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mattc1223

Fhiaba refigerator

mattc1223
9 years ago

Does anyone have experience with a Fhiaba refrigerator? I saw one at the store and it was amazing, but I see almost no information on it online. Thanks!

Comments (12)

• malba2366
    9 years ago

Never heard of them...look to be a new player in the USA. Since the price is not much lower than the established players I would be very wary of purchasing mainly due to after sales/support issues that will likely arise.

• homepro01
    9 years ago

They have been around for a few years and I don't see them in any showroom. Price and feature wise, they have nothing different from the other players. I looked at them because I wanted a configurable all freezer but the all freezer was the same in this line also. I would also worry about service and support.
    Good luck.

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

Their NA distribution seems best in Canada.

• xedos
    9 years ago

It's a red herring in my opinion.

It has great looks, but a crappy name and no market presence .

It's made in China by somebody new to the built in fridge segment and the ones I saw were MORE expensive than a made in the states Sub Z, so , do you think it represents a good value ?

Why would anyone want to be a guniea pig for one when you can have a tried a true model from and established company for the same or less money ?

• deeageaux
    9 years ago

They should be charging NXR prices.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

I believe Fhiaba is made in Italy, not China. I do agree with the advice to look elsewhere though.

• mattc1223
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, we are probably going with a SZ

I have to say though that it is impressive product, I wish them luck (and SZ would be advised to step up their design!)

If there any owners would be great to hear how they like their Fhiaba

• mongey
    7 years ago

I ordered Fhiaba's 30" refrigerator, glass door, bottom freezer X Pro70 model. It's for a house we are restoring on the rural Mendocino coast in California. It came down to a decision between Fhiaba SZ (which we have had for the past 11 years in our SF house). I was concerned about the short track record in the US of Fhiaba (they have been making high quality stuff for Europe and Canada for many years) and service. But ultimately, the quality of construction (all stainless and glass inside -- no plastic) and the low price ($4800 for a NIB with full warranty vs $10k for the SZ) pushed me to the Fhiaba. Will let you know how it goes. It won't be installed until November.

• gisellegalper
    7 years ago

Dear Mongey, Were you able to customize to get a pull out tray like in the BlueStar? The BlueStar does not have custom panels (just colors).

• PRO
    Bay Area Home Design
    5 years ago

Do not buy this brand. They do not stand behind their warranty. I own Phiaba fridge since 2016 and shortly after I got it it started having a problem with a leaky ice-maker. After 1.5 year of trying to fix this problem, they finally gave up and denied to replace the fridge without any explanation of denial or offering any solution. Now I have a fridge with non functional freezer (because of the ice build up I cannot open the drawers) and nowhere to go to address this problem. They are unreliable company, selling lemons and their Warranty is a ferry tail.

• Thomas Vong
    4 years ago

I got my 24" Fhiaba panel ready wine fridge/column with glass door on top and single multi option drawer (can set to freezer, refrigerator or higher temp) delivered a week ago. Couldn't get it to get cool and didn't hear the compressor start. I was able to work from home and their warranty/service provider Adco Service support center in Phoenix was able to walk me through the setup menu and get the compressors to switch on from the standby mode it was in. Everything is looking good. They are also sending me a new adjustable front leveling foot that got damaged in transit/delivery.

I wanted to get the unit functional before doing a first impression writeup. My point of reference was a 30" 188-bottle capacity full size tri-zone/three compressor (!) Viking model in my last house. I'd been looking for something thinner for my new kitchen and this 24" model fit my spec needs. In terms of build quality, I'd say the Fhiaba is at least as well built as the Viking model I had. Though smaller in dimensions, it feels more solid than the Viking model. Maybe this is owing to the full steel interior. As the saying goes, it's a pretty impressive piece of kit.

This model only has two compressors versus the three in the Viking. The difference doesn't matter too much to me as the Viking had an annoyingly loud 'click' every time one of the three compressors switched back on to keep temp. The Fhiaba is significantly quieter than the Viking.

The keypad menu is not as responsive/sensitive as the one on the Viking, but this is not a deal breaker to me as I tend to set the temps in the three zones and Let It Be. The huge advantage of the Fhiaba feature-wise is the ability to turn the bottom drawer into a freezer. I don't have a dedicated high volume icemaker, so if I am planning to entertain, I can empty the icemaker in my regular freezer the night before into the Fhiaba drawer and between that and my freezer icemaker refilling that should give me a great option for ice on demand for cocktails for most good-sized parties.

One annoyance is the way the pull out wood drawers are constructed. There is a wood brace running perpendicular in the middle of each drawer that has a slight rise. What that does is makes it a little difficult to slide in some bottles to fully maximize the drawer space. Not a deal breaker, but an annoyance.

Overall, the Fhiaba looks like a solid buy and very pleased with it and the service I have received so far.