Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marc_suskin

Query on kitchen appliances (Sub-Zero, Wolf and Miele)

Marc S
10 years ago

Hello.

Re-posting in the appliance forum on the suggestion of another user.

I am new to the forum and just came across this incredibly useful site. My family is renovating our kitchen in New York and would be thrilled to receive some advice on our appliances.

At present we are planning to use a Wolf 36" range (SRT366), Wolf steam oven (CSO24), Wolf E Series conventional oven (SO30PE/S/PH), Sub-Zero refrigerator (IT-36CI) and Miele dishwasher (Dimension G5675SCVi).

A few quick questions:
(1) Any extensive problems with these particular appliances?
(2) Should we consider the 48" Wolf? Are the griddle and grill worthwhile?
(3) What are views of the Wolf convection steam oven? It looks incredibly useful to me.
(4) Should we instead consider the Wolf M series rather than the E series? What are the main differences?
(5) Any strong views on whether to get a Dimension or Future Miele dishwasher.

Also, any views on an undercounter wine storage unit? We are thinking of the Sub-Zero but are open to other possibilities.

Any strong recommendations for or against would be most appreciated. This is the first time we've done such an extensive renovation, so we could really use some advice.

Thank you so much.

Comments (8)

• User
    10 years ago

The biggest hole in the package is ventilation. With a 48'' range, you'll need at least a 54'' hood with at least 900 cfm. That needs at least an 8'' vent pipe and 10'' would be better. And, you'll need a kitchen larger than a 12x12 space to fit all of that in. 20x20 would be more like it!

• nycbluedevil
    10 years ago

Do you really need three ovens (four if you count ten second oven on a 48")? And what about a microwave?

• nycbluedevil
    10 years ago

Do you really need three ovens (four if you count ten second oven on a 48")? And what about a microwave?

• mjocean
    10 years ago

Hi,
    I have the SZ 48", Wolf steam oven, wolf L series double wall ovens, Wolf 6 burner 36" range top and Miele Dimension Plus dishwasher. I have a small built in GE microwave. I have Wolf ventilation, 42" wide, 600 CFM. I love them all and yes, I need all 3 ovens. In fact, I've used all 3 at the same time on multiple occasions and we finished our renovation in June.
    I chose the L series over the M series because only the L series offers convection in both ovens, with a single oven that would not be an issue. I chose the Dimension Plus over the Diamond because I could not justify $700+ for a lighted interior. The Dimension Plus has the automatic open at the end of the cycle.
    Let us know what you select. Best of luck,
    MJ

• nycbluedevil
    10 years ago

Just a shout out for the Diamond. The two significant differences between the Dimension and the Diamond are the LED lights inside and the auto close (just like a soft close door). I really like both features. At first, I thought that the lighting was a silly extravagance but I have come to appreciate it. My eyes are maybe not what they used to be. The lights really help out. And I like the auto close feature. I think the difference was more like $500.

• Marc S
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Apologies if I was unclear. We are planning on two ovens--one convection/steam and a single E or M series professional oven.

As for the range top, we are planning on 36" but wondering whether it might be worthwhile to go with the 48" option. We have three children if that makes a difference.

We agree that ventilation is important.

• nycbluedevil
    10 years ago

You originally said that you were getting a 36" range but were considering a 48", which is why I asked whether you needed four ovens (two in the range, plus the convection steam and the single oven). In your most recent post, you said you were planning on a range top rather than a range. So it looks like you are planning on two ovens, which makes sense to me.

• Marc S
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry nycbluedevil--I was definitely unclear.