Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dizzy149

Trying to decide on a 48" or 36" Gas Cooktop

dizzy149
10 years ago

We are about to start a complete kitchen renovation. We are taking it down to the studs and rebuilding it.

I am trying to find a good gas cooktop to put in. I would like a 36" or 48" cooktop. I do a lot of cooking, so this will be one of the most important things in the kitchen (we already have a Sub Zero fridge that currently looks REALLY out of place in our 1940s kitchen).

I currently have a really old 30" electric cooktop with 4 burners + warmer. I will have 2-3 things going at one time. Tonight I had a large pot cooking pasta, a sauce pan with sauce, a small pot steaming veggies, and I was cooking meatballs in a skillet. Needless to say, it was a bit cramped.

I LOVE the idea of 3x 14" grills on the Dacor Discovery EG486. I have looked at others, and they have 3x 12" grills and a grill/griddle. I would prefer a grill/griddle that goes on top of the existing grills and not waste space on something that I might not use often.

The Dacor is priced at $4500, and I was hoping to be closer to $3500, but at the same time, I don't want a cheapo cooktop.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!
-Dizzy

Comments (4)