Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchenaid kude48fxss

Posted by awd_ftw (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 19, 14 at 2:22

Hi I've been searching for information on KitchenAid appliances and I have found some mixed reviews on this website. I purchased the KUDE48FXSS dishwasher last week and I was wondering if I should change the clamp on the drain hose to a screw type clamp. I've read on previous topics that this is the main culprit, but the picture of the clamp used is different than what came with mine.

This is the same clamp that is on the drain line from the motor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Should I ditched that clamp and go with this?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchenaid kude48fxss

The clamp of note is inside the machine's pump mechanism, not on the drain hose.

o

I just bought that dishwasher too (don't have it yet). Thanks for the question, I was wondering where the culprit was too.

o

Screw clamp is better than spring clamp when properly torqued IMHO.

I would personally never specify a spring clamp on any high pressure joint, leaving spring clamps only for low pressure joints.

Laundryvet

o

thank you all for the reply.I actually had a whirlpool tech today to fix my OTR. It wasn't broken just missing a thread in the screw hole. Anyways I asked him about any recall or service updates for my particular kitchenaid dishwasher and my slide in range (KESS907SSS). Apparently the clamp on the motor was a big problem for the kude70 and 60s. Kitchenaid address this issue last year. For my DW (kude48) had some problem as well but as long as I bought it recently (after the update) I should be fine.

Tech also stated that the self cleaning on some KA ranges are a problem and he fixed dozens in the past 6 months. He had no explanation other than bad design. So he warned me about the problem and told me to cross my fingers and hope mine doesn't crap out

o

sorry I didn't go into detail about the KA update. Tech told me KA used a different clamp and DW that was built after that update shouldnt leak at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here