Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelledt

Stooxie - Wanna Make A Video??

MichelleDT
12 years ago

Another issue that seems to be a hot topic is cleaning a BS vs CC. Wanna make a quick video on how easy (or not) it is to clean a BS rangetop?

Would pay ya if I could.

Cheers,

M

Comments (34)

• cottonpenny
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Yes! Michelle - I just posted on the other thread how nice it would be to have that.

Please, stooxie! (or mojavean or sayde or I forget who else owns a bs)

• stooxie
    12 years ago

Ok, but i am NOT going to boil a big pot of milk over to make it real! :)

Stay tuned...

-Stooxie

• stooxie
    12 years ago

Ok, here are three videos:

Cleaning my Bluestar RNB

Wok placement on the RNB

22K, 18K, 15K, simmer burners on the RNB

And before anyone starts thinking "Hey, nice hair!" my makeup artist must not be on duty today!

-Stooxie

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    12 years ago

Stooxi... Welcome to the world of video and criticism...lol

How anyone can say the BS is easier to clean than the CC is totally beyond me.

Daily cleaning

BS (as per video)
    1) Remove two grates
    2) One Burner + Tube
    3) Discontent Wire
    4) Remove and clean tray

On the CC you
    1) Remove 1 grate
    2) Clean upper tray

Quote...."Anything that would have fallen down ends up on the drip tray"

Provided it misses the burner bar, the gas Pipe and wire??

Stooxi... You may well mock the milk spill video, but that shows how easy it is to clean the CC after a real accident, I can totally understand why you didn't replicate that video.

Picture of a BS with real world spills, that need more than just a damp sponge. You can clearly see the burner bar, gas pipe and wire all need heavy cleaning, because spills don't simply fall to the drip tray.

further if you look to the left of the drip tray not all spills even hit the tray.

Sure our BS gets way more use than a regular home use BS, never the less, it's not as simply to clean as one makes it out to be.

Michelle.... When you visit the store you can not only cook on the BS and CC and also clean them both if you so desire, I feel very confident which you will prefer to clean.

• stooxie
    12 years ago

Trevor, I think I may officially call you a liar now. I cannot believe you just posted this:

BS (as per video)
    1) Remove two grates
    2) One Burner + Tube
    3) Discontent Wire
    4) Remove and clean tray

On the CC you
    1) Remove 1 grate
    2) Clean upper tray

This is as revisionist bullcrap as it gets. Watch your own videos again for how many steps the CC takes to clean.

You are a piece of work!!

-Stooxie

• PRO
    12 years ago

I revisited the video I did, and to carry out daily cleaning as you did is as I stated a two step process for the CC.

For a major spill on the CC is as follows

Remove Grates
    Clean upper tray
    Remove Upper try
    Clean if needed burner bar
    Clean drip tray

I might do video showing how to clean a partial from a rangetop,

As the unpaid spokesman for BS on this site you should accept criticism with name calling.

• cottonpenny
    12 years ago

Stooxie - thanks so much for taking the time to do that!

It seems like the main difference (and since I have neither, I could be wrong about this) is that the CC has that extra SS upper drip tray and the BS does not. Honestly, watching Trevor's video I thought that the upper drip tray seemed like a pain to clean. You have to take those bars out first, etc. And it's hard to get crumbs and pieces of food up off a tray with a cloth or sponge or papertowel sometimes. This is the problem I have with the pans on my current stove. Of course, you can lift it off and take it to the sink and hose it down...but that seems like a pain.

Of course, then all those crumbs and food particles and stuff can fall on the innards of the BS if they don't make it to the foil-covered lower tray. And you end up with a picture like Trevor's above. Undoubtedly, those parts are harder to clean than the CC's upper tray. But seems like more stuff would make it to the foil-covered tray in the BS than in the CC. So I think you'd end up having to scrub the BS innards less often than you'd have to clean the CC upper tray.

Correct me if I'm wrong....having a dirty upper tray or dirty innards won't impede the performance of the range, right? But I think, from the video, you would see a dirty upper tray even through the burner grates while you wouldn't be able to see the dirty innards of the BS.

• PRO
    12 years ago

typo....should be without name calling

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Stooxie,

It was not my intent to start another BS vs CC flame war - sorry about that. I really appreciate you taking the time to make these. Having no other frame of reference on the BS it helps. BTW, your hair looks fine (no make-up artist needed) and your backsplash with that blue stove is awesome! I love the tile!

Trevor,

I couldn't find any BS cleaning videos. There have been a few posts by CC owners that say it is not as easy to clean as they originally thought. Coupled with the simmer burner issues (again several posts regarding the inability for a true simmer - very large pots boiling over) cleaning may become an issue. I detest cleaning (ALL cleaning) so that is important to me. Are there cleaning videos of CC that I could quickly view prior to my trip. Perhaps I missed them on the Eurostoves site (I did see a breakdown video). I am looking forward to cooking AND cleaning on both when I visit.

I feel fortunate that I have a choice of two awesome cooking machines for my new kitchen.

Cheers,

M

• PRO
    12 years ago

Cottonpenny ... You are correct burner performance is not a problem with either range.

The reason the CC has the upper tray is because I asked for it to be put there, in my 8 years experience of cleaning the BS I know its not as easy as Stooxi's video suggests, anything that drops into the guts of the BS is hard to get to, just watch how fiddly even Stooxi finds it, the CC does not have that problem, everyone who has been to the store and seen and even cleaned both ranges knows and has said the CC is easier to clean.

The question posed by Michelle was which is easier to clean, most people on this site say a sealed burner is easier to clean in general because food deposits and spills dont fall down inside the range all they do is to lift a grate clean the top, the CC has a similar principle with the added advantage of not been able to see the vast majority of the stainless steel.

I agree that more partials fall into the BS than the CC that's where the problem lies, if partials or spills fall onto the CC upper tray that's all you have to clean and not the whole inside of the rangetop

Again and as always we are spiting hairs here, until people like Stooxi actually experience a CC he will always be biased, my so called bias is based on experience, and in a short period of time my so called bias will no longer be called into questions, If one sells both ranges it becomes an opinion and not bias.....

• User
    12 years ago

Ha, I love the string instead of the zip-tie on the rear ignitor wire. But the rest I ain't buying.

If you look at the C.C. video, Trevor doesn't show 3 old supports that have cooked on grease and milk, in fact, he just takes them off and lays them to the side without cleaning them.

Then, at 4:18, he now has the grates, their supports, and one of the upper drip pans off and you can see the amount of burner pipes, burner supports, air shutters, ignitors and wires that can get messy, and in the way of the lower drip tray.

With the Bluestar you can just remove the entire burner head, gas pipe and ignitor, leaving only the cross support. How hard would that be on a C.C.??? Personally, I'd rather not even think about it.

Back to the C.C...
    Notice what a job it is just to clean one upper stainless tray. All 4 grates have to come off, and all 3 support bars have to be removed. You then have all the crap underneath the stainless tray - the burners and the wide burner support, and the air shutters and gas pipes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Notice that now, he only takes the top off the burner, and kinda feels around with a towel to get the milk off the burner supports (the grate supports are off to the side somewhere). He doesn't even bother to lift the lower burner up to clean under the air shutter. Good luck after that has turned into crust and burnt grease.

Also notice how "only a small amount has gone down to the 'major' drip tray", That's because all the goo is on the upper drip tray, grate supports, burners, burner supports,pipes and air shutters etc.

By the way, there is a video of Trevor cleaning a Bluestar on youtube. It's titled "Cleaning a Bluestar".

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleaning a C.C.?

• PRO
    12 years ago

I know for sure I would prefer 98% of a major spill on the upper drip pan than 100% of the spill in the guts of the unit.

Surely that in itself makes sense, why dirty everything burners, burners supports, tubes, wires and lower drip tray? still struggling to understand this.

I very much look forward to Michelle coming to the store so someone INDEPENDENT can come back and report.

• User
    12 years ago

If you just clean the upper drip tray (a job in itself) and leave the rest on the lower supports, pipes etc, it will cook on.

• PRO
    12 years ago

Any form of cleaning is a job in itself.

The point is very little gets to the supports and pipes as seen in the video so it wont cook on or need cleaning as such, if you had that amount of spillover on a BS it would be everywhere. Cleaning a spill should be as easy as possible and done after cooking, until you have cleaned both a BS and CC you will not know how easy one is over the other.

I really am sorry here, I am not been augmentative simply not understanding, if people are looking for out of sight out of mind then I agree BS is better. but the original question was which is easier to clean.

• mojavean
    12 years ago

Once it cooks on, it leaves a lovely, brown, sheen. You scrub it for 5 minutes or so until it becomes "patina!"

• stooxie
    12 years ago

Alexr, thank you for the help.

"unpaid spokesman for BS", Trevor? You wish. I just don't sit here and let you lie through your teeth.

What Alexr said is exactly right. You bend the truth so badly I can hear it groaning.

Anyway...

What I showed with my range is what it takes to clean when you don't have 50 people a day coming through trashing it. I wonder why the Bluestar range at Eurostoves isn't spit polished daily? Gee, what could the reason be?

Remember this, everyone. When Trevor was selling Bluestars he'd talk all day long about how easy it was to clean. Now look! Yet another stunning turnaround.

Thanks for screwing up yet another perfectly sound thread with your special brand of reality!

-Stooxie

• cottonpenny
    12 years ago

"if people are looking for out of sight out of mind then I agree BS is better"

Great! Though I hate to admit my laziness...if the dirt doesn't show and doesn't affect performance, then what's the problem with a little cooked on gunk where no one ever looks? It's like caring about if your car looks shiney under the hood - some people do but I sure don't.

• PRO
    12 years ago

Alex

"If you look at the C.C. video, Trevor doesn't show 3 old supports that have cooked on grease and milk, in fact, he just takes them off and lays them to the side without cleaning them"

only a very small amount of milk hit the side rail, but you are right i did not clean them.

"Then, at 4:18, he now has the grates, their supports, and one of the upper drip pans off and you can see the amount of burner pipes, burner supports, air shutters, ignitors and wires that can get messy, and in the way of the lower drip tray."

Again that's the point, The vast majority of the mess never gets to this area so its not a big issue.

"Notice that now, he only takes the top off the burner, and kinda feels around with a towel to get the milk off the burner supports (the grate supports are off to the side somewhere). He doesn't even bother to lift the lower burner up to clean under the air shutter. Good luck after that has turned into crust and burnt grease."

Again you are right i did not lift the whole burner to clean under the burner, I cleaned what needed to be done without removing them. With hindsight it would have been better to remove the burners. Please note the burner support does not get hot enough to burner on grease any thing i have noticed on that area tends to dry out more than burn on.

"Also notice how "only a small amount has gone down to the 'major' drip tray", That's because all the goo is on the upper drip tray, grate supports, burners, burner supports,pipes and air shutters etc. "

That's the point of the upper drip tray to catch the vast majority prior to it getting to the inside of the range, this protects the supports, burners, pipe work wires and air shutter from excessive soiling.

"By the way, there is a video of Trevor cleaning a Bluestar on youtube. It's titled "Cleaning a Bluestar".

This video show me doing a similar clean that Stooxi did, but the point of the video was to show the difference between a sealed burner and an open burner so far a looks go over a period of time, any range that has the vast majority of the rangetop covered with cast iron will maintain its look longer if i recall correctly.

• User
    12 years ago

Trevor, this is fun. I will agree that you were probably right in insisting on the upper drip tray for the C.C. I would love to see you break down the entire top and remove the lower burner piece, tubes and ignitor pieces.

The thing is, the Bluestar doesn't really need all that. Most the time, both tops are cleaned the same way, you remove the top grate and wipe the bowls (drip bowl) beneath.

The difference is that the C.C. stainless bowl(or extra upper drip tray) is a tighter fit around the burner head, and the main reason why is that there's more stuff to clean underneath if you did have a major spill. But still, stuff gets under there. And even if you just want to take the upper drip tray out, you have to remove all the grates and the grate supports. And the C.C. grate is heavier because it's sort of a one-piece grate/bowl in itself. Which is why you can't raise the grate like on a Bluestar.

With the Bluestar you can just lift out the grate and the bowl. One grate, one bowl. With a damp sponge or rag you can wipe the burner supports and the burner itself. This procedure is just like the C.C. only I only have to move 1 grate and 1 bowl.

And you can't foul the air shutters on the Bluestar because they're tucked out of the way at the front. Not so with the C.C.... So the C.C. seems to really need that extra drip pan.

What I really think is that the user of either brand gets used to the procedure, whatever it is.

Oh, and I could get the experience of cleaning a C.C. because the appliance store down the street sells them, but I would be embarrassed to lift all that stuff out on the showroom! But maybe I will! Then you'll be sorry! :)

• stooxie
    12 years ago

Ok, here's proof positive, Trevor, that your stories change.

Using the Wayback machine I found your video of you talking about the Bluestar drip trays.

Let me quote:

"Anything that goes through the burner on an overboil or peace of food or on a grill or on a griddle will end up going down onto the drip tray."

Wow! So it was true back then but not true now? I am guessing that the 60" unit in this video is the same as the picture above?

Am I missing something here?

Here's how to get to the video:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100116190623/http://www.eurostoves.com/blue-star-1-a/137.htm

Click on the green Video button and then click on the one image called "Bluestar Drip Tray."

I defy anyone to tell me I am making this up.

-Stooxie

• kist1
    12 years ago

(cut and pasted from post on this website, dated Thu, Oct 15, 09 at 23:31)

kindofbird said ........I want something that will just work and work and work.........

It is very sad to say that your expectations are not realistic :( not one single manufacturer in today's market can guarantee that all units they manufacture will work, work and work, every manufacturer has a service department hotline with the backing of a national service network, things simply just break down sometimes. Many other US appliances manufacturers would love to have Bluestar�s failure rate.

While Bluestar has had problems in the past they are not as frequent as the garden web can make it seem. I have said this before, Bluestar was to a degree popularized on the Garden Web, so it stands to reason that a larger % of customers will come back to the GW to complain than you will see from any other manufacture. I think it�s also fair to say that a larger number of people praise Bluestar for its ability to cook on the GW more than any other manufacturer.

Maybe it�s because I am English but I don�t understand why someone would not buy a Bluestar range based on what they read on the GW from a handful of customers who have had a bad experience, Bluestar manufacture and sell hundreds of ranges each year, but a hand full of unhappy customers put people off buying Bluestar, if every happy customer posted how wonderful there Bluestar is it would dwarf the unhappy customers, then everyone would buy a bluestar.....lol. If we took that line in everything we want to buy we would end up with nothing. Everything manufactured has problems every now and again. We should also remember that unhappy customers will always post more often than happy ones.

Will Bluestar have problems in the future....sure they will (they too have a service arm to the business)but I can assure everyone of this.... provided its covered under warranty they will step up to the plate and do the right thing, that's not to say they will replace a unit just because it has a problem or two, they will however do all they can to fix it. Imagine if the company you work for or worked for in the past replaced every item that had a problem, they would be bankrupt. We all know that Costco, Macy�s, JC penny and the like will take any item back for any reason after any length of time, they do that because it costs them NOTHING, the supplier / manufacturer pays for everything. If I had taken everything back that went wrong I would have been bankrupt in the first year after opening the door.

In my experience I have found Bluestar to be very responsive especially with my customers. Sure I encourage my customers to come to me with any Bluestar question or problem and it maybe said my relationship with Bluestar helps on the odd occasion, I can say with hand on heart that Bluestar are so much more responsive than many other manufacturers I deal with, they are also a lot better than some people make out on this site. If you take 10 bluestar complaints on this site

2 would be trolls
    4 had a problem that was fixed
    2 are just a distortion of the truth
    2 are justified.

Do things slip through the cracks sure they do (it�s the real world). I am sure they do in your line of work or your home life. I work 12 - 15 hours every day and still with all those hours worked I have been known to screw up, and let things slip through the cracks, forgotten to call a customer back as promised or ordered Nat gas instead of LP Gas. The thing is when something happens it�s the way you react to the problem that counts, in my opinion, Bluestar does all they can to satisfy their customers. Those of you who deal with customers know it�s not always possible to make every customer happy, you just have to do the best you can.

1) In the end does Bluestar have some issues on some ranges��.. YES
    2) Is Bluestar the best cooking range based on fact��. YES
    3) Does Bluestar have more ecstatic customer due the performance of the range than they unhappy customers ���YES

As always just my opinion :)

(this is the part where he'll add in "at the time" or "if I knew then what I know now"...)

• User
    12 years ago

I looked and found the video on taking the C.C. top apart, and I think that it's great that Trevor has these videos up. One can see that it's not that much different between the two brands really.

On the C.C., the gas lines remain in place with their orifice. On the Bluestar, the gas pipe is thicker and comes out with the burner head, leaving only the support.

I'm glad that either can be broken down so easily. I do think that the Bluestar has fewer parts and is the easier of the two to breakdown, but it's not a big deal.

Here is a link that might be useful: C.C. stove top breakdown

• PRO
    12 years ago

Stooxi .. Not saying you are making anything up just saying that clearly both you and I were wrong "EVERYTHING" does not fall to the drip tray as you and I stated in both videos by using general terms, at the end of th eday we are both splitting hairs.

Alexr.. The CC grate is actually lighter than the BS grate. I do have a video of the CC range top taken down with the burner out. I agree if the upper drip tray was not there you would have problems with the size of the support bar and the orifice and the air shutter, but again it is there to protect these items area of the range.

"With the Bluestar you can just lift out the grate and the bowl. One grate, one bowl. With a damp sponge or rag you can wipe the burner supports and the burner itself. This procedure is just like the C.C. only I only have to move 1 grate and 1 bowl."

With the CC you lift 1 grate and its all ready to clean the vast majority of any spill or solid matter, no need to clean the supports tubes or wires. but in the end i agree with you everyone adapts to cleaning which ever they buy.

• PRO
    12 years ago

kist1... I stand by every word in the posting that I made back in 09, but you are right I will add in the words " AT THE TIME "

I especially stand by two points in that Posting....

1) Paragraph number 3 (also applies to Capital)
    2) As always just my opinion :)

I feel some what like a politician running for election having to defend everything I said years ago with documents and interviews been dug up by the press, ....lol

• dodge59
    12 years ago

Well it's that time of year,(LOL).
    Look on the bright side of it, I'm sure your job rating is much higher than the 13% I just saw on the news about
    "Our Famous One"!!! And it was ABC, not fox, so we don't start any arguments there, (I Hope)!

Gary

• cooksnsews
    12 years ago

OK, having watched all these cleaning videos of CCs and BSs, I am moved to ask, How can ANYONE ANYWHERE claim that cleaning an open burner cooktop is in any way easier than cleaning a sealed burner cooktop??? I'm just not seeing it. I can only assume that you folks are just soooooo all in love with whatever stove you have invested in, that you simply don't notice all the disassembling, fiddling, and time that is necessary for basic maintenance.

For everyone else, sealed burners are so much easier to clean.

• billy_g
    12 years ago

Hey stooxie,

I'm also glad you posted the video. I think it's a pretty big design difference that the CC has an upper drip pan and the BS doesn't. Plus the upper drip pan is shiny stainless so you see everything dripped on it, unlike the cast iron/porcelain areas. And because it's in close proximity to the burners stuff gets baked on.

Personally, I would rather have the bottom of the cast iron bowl in the CC wrap around the burners, like in the BS, and eliminate the upper drip pan. OR if the upper drip pan is really needed keep it under the re-designed bowl and not have it exposed.

The daily cleaning in the CC means you have to lift the grates/bowls and clean the stainless upper drip pan. With the BS you can just wipe down the cast iron and lift the grate without having to lift the bowl.

Also in the CC there is the stainless steel plate in the enter of the burner that holds the ignitor. It's in plain view and it is a pain to clean (hopefully without breaking the ignitor, which is pretty sturdy).

As far as the innards that are out of sight I'm not too concerned.

I'm willing to bet that more stuff falls through to the lower drip pan in a BS than in a CC, because very little falls through to the lower drip pan in a CC... which means it is getting trapped elsewhere and "someone" has to clean it off.

Maybe it would be better to post pictures of the lower drip pans to see which ones collect more stuff...

In telling people about open burners I mention that everything falls through to the drip trays. But in reality it doesn't.

Billy

• jscout
    12 years ago

My post cooking cleanup on the CC a cinch. I'd say about 90% of my cleaning is wipe the grate, pick up and wipe the SS area underneath. The SS pan is surprisingly cool, so I haven't had anything bake on. Sometimes it gets a little crusty. In that case, I use a little liquid Bar Keepers Friend on the sponge, give it a light scrub, and then go back over it with a rinsed sponge and the SS is like new.

When I do heavy cooking involving multiple burners and make a big mess, then I will remove the grates and take the SS pan to the sink to clean. It's nice being able to use the sprayer. Again, a little BKF and it's like new.

The majority of any boil over I get is caught in the tray. Clean up is easy. Lift the grates and sop it up with a sponge or rag, resume cooking and then clean afterwords like above.

I've only had one spillover that was so bad that it made it to the drip tray. In that case, I had to break it down to clean. It was a lot easier than I expected.

I also like that the burners are two piece. If any of the holes get plugged it's just plain dirty, all I have to is lift the grate, pull off the cap, clean it and then replace it and the grate. There is no need to disassemble or unplug anything. When you lift the cap you can see if you even need to disassemble the whole burner. Even Garland uses two piece burners for their commercial ranges now. So that should say a lot.

Any way, I'm not going to say that the CC is easier to clean than the BS because I've never cleaned a BS. But I will say that the CC is a lot easier to clean the some detractors make it out to be. With the amount of spinning going around you'd think there was an election coming up.

• john_com
    12 years ago

>>cooksnsews:For everyone else, sealed burners are so much easier to clean.

Bingo!

No problems like that on a sealed burner. But as we all know, um, heard, a sealed burner is no good at all.

":^)

• tyguy
    12 years ago

>It was not my intent to start another BS vs CC flame war - sorry about that.

No worries Michelle, Trevor did a splendid job of that.

>I very much look forward to Michelle coming to the store so someone INDEPENDENT can come back and report.

You are a good salesman Trevor, she will be fed your bias. "Go clean that 5 year old (or older?) BS that I purposely neglect (in comparison to the CC) to illustrate how perfect the CC is.
    Independent are the Capital owners that have posted on the net that clean up isn't as easy as they have hoped for.

>Again and as always we are spiting hairs here,

Then why bring it up, the language you used was certain to fan a war.

>until people like Stooxi actually experience a CC he will always be biased, my so called bias is based on experience, and in a short period of time my so called bias will no longer be called into questions, If one sells both ranges it becomes an opinion and not bias.....

As far as I can tell, Stooxie never claimed the BS was easier to clean(in this thread anyway), it was Trevor.

Oh Trevor, you only sell ONE of these brands of stoves and make a living doing so, therefore you probably are MORE biased than most. (not to mention a bad breakup with BS)

>Remember this, everyone. When Trevor was selling Bluestars he'd talk all day long about how easy it was to clean. Now look! Yet another stunning turnaround.

AMEN to that!!!!

>I feel some what like a politician running for election having to defend everything I said years ago with documents and interviews been dug up by the press, ....lol

You almost are like a politician on this forum. You have a large following, and influence a lot of people. Oh ya, and a great salesman.

When I first saw a CC in real life my *VERY* first impression was "why the heck did they ruin the cooktop with a piece of stainless" (second was the oven looked small) I don't even like cleaning the stainless backsplash on my BS, so I couldn't even begin to think of how hard it would be to keep the stainless looking good. Option B would be to not be neurotic about the stainless and let it patina, but that doesn't really look as good as cast iron patina.

• cottonpenny
    12 years ago

>>cooksnsews:For everyone else, sealed burners are so much easier to clean.

Really? I don't have an open burner range at all and I have never cleaned one, so I don't know for sure. But here is the procedure I followed for cleaning my black enamel Frigidaire sealed burner last night.

I cooked a simple meal of panfried cod (few tsp of oil) and escarole. The top had oil splatters, some water spots where I dripped taking the escarole out of the pot, few pieces of chopped garlic where I missed the pot, and a few breadcrumbs. In other words, not a very big mess at all. Note - the top looks like ^*$^@ after this much cooking.

So I remove burner grates, sponge down whole top to remove garlic/crumbs. Use Mr. clean magic eraser to remove most of the grease. Top still looks streaky. Get Windex and papertowel and polish (i could prob use microfiber cloth for this step too). Replace burner grates. It still looks a little streaky if I turn on the hood light.

Whereas, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like I could just use a damp sponge on the cast iron grates (either BS or CC) and push the little breadcrumbs/garlic into the drip tray below.

And if, heaven forbid, I didn't clean the top one night, it seems like the cast iron would be more forgiving in terms of not looking quite as ^*$^#y.

Right?

• stooxie
    12 years ago

cottonpenny,

I agree with your sentiments 100%.

It's NOT about some absolute measure of which is the easiest. It's about what YOU are willing to live with. I treat my Bluestar like a commercial range which means I don't HAVE to wipe it down with Windex until every last streak is gone. Oil splatter on my grates and French top? Sweet! Improves the seasoning, just rub it in. In that way open burner ranges can be "easier" to clean but it's all relative!

Different strokes for different folks, that's why there's a battle when the resident salesman has to insist that there must always be a winner and a loser!

-Stooxie

• PRO
    12 years ago

Stooxi.. If you were to read all your postings and mine you would see we are as bad as each other, so don't lay it all at my door.

I have a right to an opinion just the same as you. When you use words in your video that were clearly guided at me don't expect silence, you have ripped apart pretty much all my videos, what goes around comes around.

Two things for 100% sure, I have never said a bad thing about BS on the phone, websites or postings, and I have always been respectful of your postings and opinion irrespective of my opinion, and that will continue.

As for winners and losers, the CC was designed to be a winner, weather it is or not is clearly up for debate.

I know the down falls of BS and CC as well you do, I tried to address some of the areas I felt could be improved upon when helping design the CC, that's not to say Capital makes the perfect range such a range does not exist

If you post respectful perspectives on BS and I post respectful perspectives on CC the only winner is the customer who is an adult with sufficient where with all to make their own mind up when looking for a new range,

• hilferty77
    12 years ago

O.M.F.G. Seriously? Both of those f_cking ranges are a bear to clean. If somebody wants something "easy" to clean, tell them to cap off their gas line and buy an induction cook-top! :)
    Show me any gas range, range-top or cook-top and I'll show you that it's a pain in the ass to clean [or keep clean]. Sealed burners allow crap to bake in under the flame and open burners have more crevices and places for gunk to collect. It's the sacrifice you make for getting to cook with gas.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm