Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wittea_gw

How to remove front panel on Captial Culinarian range top

wittea
9 years ago

I have a Captial Culinarian range top. I am wondering how to remove its front panel, i.e. the panel with Capital badge covering the valves and the electronics. I removed the two screws securing the panel underneath, but had no luck taking the panel off. Thanks.

Comments (11)

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

I've never felt the need to remove the front panel from my CC rangetop. May I ask why you are trying to remove it?

• 3ilovepie
    9 years ago

Have you tried calling your retailer or whoever installed it? If you do it - does it impact your warranty?

• wittea
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, it is just mainly for curiosity. Capital offer 5 years part replacement warranty. Knowing how to access the parts behind the front panel might be beneficial. I would also like to know if there is something inside to adjust the re-ignition sensitivity.

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    9 years ago

Capital does not offer a 5 years parts replacement warranty.

• wittea
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello, Trevor. It is very nice to seeing you here. It is weird then because I saw this on Capital's website at http://www.capital-cooking.com/product/390, then click warranty link.

CULINARIAN SERIES 36" Gas Cooktop WARRANTY

â¢ONE (1) Year full parts and labor covers entire product with the exception of painted or decorative parts listed below*. (Light bulbs covered for 60 days after installation). Standard shipping only. Expedited shipping will be at customersâ expense.

*Painted and decorative parts will be warranted for 90 days from date of original purchase. Any damages or defects must be reported within this timeframe. Replacement painted parts may have slight color variations from the original parts due to normal manufacturing variables.

â¢FIVE (5) Years limited part replacement warranty. Covers part replacement, as noted below, due to malfunction during normal operation.

â¢Ranges*, Range Tops*, & Ovens*: All Burners**, Heating Elements, Grates*, Griddle Plates, & Oven Racks
    â¢Barbeques: Gas Valves & all burners (excluding infrared burners)
    â¢Parts will be provided at no cost to the owner with proof of purchase. All other expenses, such as labor and freight, will be the responsibility of the owner
    â¢*Excludes Porcelain Enamel Coating for ovens and grates. Porcelain enamel is prone to wear over time and use.
    â¢**Unless covered by LIFETIME warranty

But anyway, if it is ok, could you shed some light on how to do it?

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    9 years ago

The 5 Year warranty covers things that will last for years, like most manufactures it looks good but not really any value to it.

Procedure as I recall

1) Pull All the knobs off, Pull the drip trays out and remove trays.

2)Take the two screws out under the face plate at each end.

3) Pull the bottom of the face plate towards you and the top will come out. (this will need a little effort)

4) Once you see the top of the face plate, pull that towards you GENTLY.

Putting it back together put the top in first then push the bottom.

BTW .... DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU SCREW THE IS UP OR SCRATCH YOUR RANGE TOP ..... :)

• wittea
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Agree with you, Trevor. It is exactly what you said about the parts warranty.

Thanks for the steps. I think I stuck at step 3. I am not sure how much force I can apply safely. I will try it again. If I still cannot pull it off, just let it be. I don't want anything happen to the unit. :-) The instruction will come handy when it is actually needed.

By the way, with the new burners, it still clicks when simmering, especially when the flame is initially turned down. Then it may become quiet for a while, and then sometimes it clicks again. Is it normal? So the only fix is to increase the gas flow at the low end by adjusting that little screws?

I also found it may be kinda sensitive to the exact position of the burner sitting on the burner base since there is some give back and forth.

• wittea
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I removed the front panel successfully following Trevor's steps. The problem I had before was that I didn't fully disengage the two screws. I didn't expect they are pretty long, so I stopped when the front panel came loose, then with the screws were still in place, I could not pull the panel towards myself much. So by saying disengaging, I mean taking the two screws out of chassis. After that, the front panel came off easily, no extra effort was needed at all.

• wittea
    Original Author
    9 years ago

For those may be interested, here are some pictures

• wittea
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The re-igniter, one for each burner.

http://www.tytronics.com.au/__files/f/2766/single

The E.G.O. Elektro-Geräte has acquired the Electronic Gas Appliance Controls business of Tytronics Developments Australia - effective 2 March 2012.

This post was edited by wittea on Tue, Jan 13, 15 at 23:10

• Dennis Owens
    3 years ago

I need to clean burners on grill oy capital culin series stove

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz