Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you tell me any info on this table?

Posted by Dillonk (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 14, 11 at 23:55

Am i correct in saying its a 19th century spanish table? Any other info you can give me? I have more pictures but am having a hard time figuring out how to attach them to my post. Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you tell me any info on this table?

More pictures

Here is a link that might be useful: Table 2

o

And a picture of one of the chairs, 6 total.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chair

o

It's Spanish-ish in style but without seeing construction details impossible to say when it was made nor where.
What makes you think it's 19th century Spanish?

o

It is hand hewn, is there a picture i can get you that will help? It looks similar to other 19th century tables that i have seen, the only diffrence is the cross member on this table is wood and goes straight across as where the others were made of wrought iron and went up to the underside of the table.

Here is a link to the only other one i could find, although smaller but the same style

http://earlycaliforniaantiques.com/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=15&products_id=3095&osCsid=29d22523432fa691b6cc23b9dac4092c

Thanks for the response.

o
chairs

Picture of the dowels on the chairs

Photobucket

o

I have seen tables made in Mexico with that style, made in the 1990s, with dowels. And then there was "Spanish Colonial revival" which was popular in the 1930s-1950s.

Yours has the overly curvy form that was common in the revival furniture because they were using band saws and it was easy.

Unless you can find something more than "it looks hand hewn" and "it has dowels", I would be very reluctant to say it's any older than 1920s.

Good clear pictures of construction details? How are the legs of the table held on? What is the wood?

Here is a link that might be useful: Spanish Colonial Revival table

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here