Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Furniture Identification

Posted by rng1977 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 4, 09 at 23:46

I have long been collecting pieces of furniture that I know very little about.

If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. The most recent aquisition was the dining table, chairs and buffet. I have been trying to find the manufacturer/age to locate a china cabinet to go with it, but to my avail, I have yet to find it. Three of the chairs had "Kingdom" written on the bottom and I figured it must be the style name.

The coffee table I know a little about, but I haven't seen any that split apart and have the center tray that flips, one side being wood and the other seems to be glazed copper.

The corner cabinet is a 3 piece item and there is no manufacturer name at all.

The octagonal table I know nothing about.

I really appreciate your help. Pictures are below.

http://s763.photobucket.com/albums/xx274/rng081977/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Furniture Identification

Looks like a little bit of everything from the 30's to the 40's and maybe the 50's...a little repro Duncan Phyfe sort of stuff a little Jacobean revival from the 30's and something that really has no date.
If you copy the HTML code and past it into the body of your message here the pictures will appear in your post and nor require someone to copy and paste the url into their browser to view.
Linda C

o

The link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Furniture

o

Image 2 and 4 are the mid 1920s, maybe the chair too ... that is the only era with the oversize bulbs on furniture legs.

As long as you like them, don't worry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here