Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melanielynne

Vintage/Antique Lamp? Help?

MelanieLynne
12 years ago

Hello to everyone :)

I was hoping to get some information on this lamp. Approx. date? I'm not 100% sure who the person is, I was thinking Sir Walter Raleigh?? Any info will help!

Comments (10)

• raetaylor
    12 years ago

Just a guess but it looks like Don Quixote to me.

• lindac
    12 years ago

It's not necessarily "someone"...it's a Spanish or Portuguese or Italian soldier type.
    could it be a figurine that has been made into a lamp?....looks a little awkward....and crooked.
    Also his back side looks a little bit dented.
    Where did you get it?

• raetaylor
    12 years ago

well there was a big revival of Don Quixote late 50's thru the 60's... just reminded me of some of the bric-a-brac type items from that time.... just a thought!

• lindac
    12 years ago

Every image of Don Quixote I have ever seen shows him with a beard.

• MelanieLynne
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for the responses. This lamp was given to me from an Antique shop... they even had issues giving me ant information! I personally think it's a very interesting piece.... just wish I could get an approximate year. :(

• Ideefixe
    12 years ago

Looks like a musketeer to me and that the lamp part is a fairly recent addition. 50s, 60s.

• MelanieLynne
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, I know the lamp part is recent. Not sure how to even sell this... or how to describe it. I think the statue part is a lot older? maybe? lol

• lindac
    12 years ago

It's something someone has put together from another lamp.....the figure is dented and a bit corroded, the lamp is at an angle so the shade would fit also on an angle.
    Where does the cord go? Is it even wired? Looks very like a figure was attached to a base that used to hold a lamp and a hole put in the head and a lamp fixture attached. Looks like it's got a new mend at the neck.
    If you manage to sell it for as much at $4 I will be surprised.
    Sorry....but that's what I see it as.....at least you didn't pay good money for it.

• MelanieLynne
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well I got an offer of $50 for it. Guess I'm going to take that offer :) Thanks for the reply though lol

• lindac
    12 years ago

Good for you......act quick!!