Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
replacement parts for antique wood burning cook stove

Posted by meandpaw (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 21, 08 at 21:58

I really need a grate and firewall for my antique copper 6 burner wood burning cookstove so we can begin using this. I have the number on the cookstove. Can anyone help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: replacement parts for antique wood burning cook stove

If you google "woodstove parts" you will turn up some sources, but my experience is that it can be very difficult to find replacements. You might be able to contact some stove restoration experts who can advise you on substitutes for the original parts. We have a wood-burning parlor stove for the primary heat source in our home and we also need a new grate for it, but haven't been able to find one. In the meantime, the head from a potato fork is just the right size to bridge the missing section of grate and keep the logs from falling through. Sometimes you do what you have to!

Annie

o
RE: replacement parts for antique wood burning cook stove

I have 1929 Home Comfort cook stove which belonged to my grandmother. Over the years, the brackets for the towel bar on the back of the stove have been lost. I would also like to replace the liner in the reservoir and the grates in the fire box. Please let me know if you can help me find these parts, it would mean a lot to me. After I'm gone, the stove will be donated to the Historical Society in my grandmother's home town of Central Lake, MI.
Thank you,
Judy Moblo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here