Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19779803

lazygardens

User
9 years ago

On another post you suggested using hard car wax on a porcelain cupboard top. I'm filing that in the back of my mind. Occasionally I have a wood piece that needs a more complete finish but for whatever reason I don't want varnish. IF I used wax, would I ever be able to varnish or shellac it at another point in time?

Would wax protect a wood table top? The table I have in mind was $1 at a yard sale and then I ended up spending $15 and 3 days stripping it. And when it was over, the table was made out of 1940's cardboard and ??? wood. I slapped a thick coat of stain on it and two coats of sanding sealer. By that time I was seriously thinking a trip to the antique store was my next move. The only thing saving it is the style. It was exactly what I was looking for. I was going to set a plant on it but it never fails that water ends up splashed/splattered/seeped out of the pot and onto what ever the pot is setting on. In this case, the table is nothing to write home about but it does hold a lamp and it's the right size.

Comments (2)