Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a fix for my Avon LED Christmas house?

Posted by Texasgal47 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 20:03

Five or six years ago I was gifted with three Avon Christmas decorations, a plastic church, house, and gazebo. All 3 have the tiny LED lights with a rotating light wheel which causes the LED lights of each to rotate colors--very beautiful. This year, the LED lights come on for the church and house, but the color wheel is completely dead in both. The lights don't come on at all in my gazebo, either by plugging in or batteries. (Thank you, China.) Have any of you handy men (or women) been able to bring these products back to life?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a fix for my Avon LED Christmas house?

Can't say without seeing the objects. Very likley, the color wheels are driven by a simple clock motor and all it needs is freeing up and maybe a little shaft lube on the rotor. Again, I can't really say because I don't know how difficult it is to disassemble to get at the moving parts. Clock motors can stick when stored for period without moving. Next to a basement floor is a bad location to store due to humidity. A tiny amount of corrosion or oxidation of the lubricant on the rotor shaft will stall the motor. Sometimes, all it takes is a little manual boost to get it going again.

o

Jemdandy, thanks for the suggestions. I'll try the "boost" method first.

o

I don't visit this forum at all. I was searching a topic on LED lights and it brought me here.

Post a few pictures and may be I can try to help.

The fact that the LED lights are not working may be related to the rotor wheels not working.

dcarch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here