Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Gas Stove

Posted by sailfish (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 22, 10 at 19:18

Just dropped in to show our old gas stove. We had it restored and brought up to modern safety standards. Still won't trust it and will be shut off via ball valve after every use. 1880's?
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Gas Stove

Sure is pretty!

o

Fabulous!

o

Beautiful stove - so ornate!

o

Love it!! And you actually use it? How does the oven do?
Linda C

o

The stove is not yet in service. All I got to see was a demonstration of the burners after restoration. The oven is non-insulated. I think the most I would actually use it for is to maybe bake some biscuits or reheat a pot pie as to keep it shiny and new. It's destined to be installed on the top floor or "loft" of our new build in rural Maine. We decided to title that space as the 1800's floor. Although Just a small kitchen, bedroom and half bath it's been fun finding the furnishings that will make it unique. Here's a pic of the heater for the bedroom. This too has been restored. The crown, wings and kneecaps have been redone in polished nickle. The burner has been replaced and it will run off a thermostat.
Photobucket

o

WoW! The bottom part of the stove looks normal and fancy, but the top part is from another planet. I've never seen anything like it. Its seems to be a design feature to increase heat transfer to the room.

o

What a beautiful stove!
Lois

o

Very nice. When using, you might want to install some kind of reflective material so the wall won't get too hot.

o

They show up in the Old Sears catalogues around 1911.

o

Lucky you, what a treasure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here