Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tape Dispenser

Posted by sapphiregirl (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 17, 10 at 18:37

I have an old cast iron gummed tape dispenser that belonged to my grandparents when they had a fish market in the early 1900's. I can't find any info. on it which I've tried now for several years. Can anyone shed some light on this item? I am thinking of selling it as well as other items in my posession. In the front of it it says:

RYCO - Patented in USA - Tape Moistener - The Seymour Production Co. - Seymour Conn.

Would anyone know what the appox. value would be? Thank you for any advice & help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tape Dispenser

It depends if someone collects this type of thing. I had a machine age cup dispenser under my desk at work, and I put it on eBay for $1.00, and it ended up going for eighty. A company wanted it for a period lunch room they were furnishing. If I put it on today, it might get the dollar, who knows? This type of thing is hit or miss. I would try eBay for the widest exposure.

o
RE: Tape Dispenser

Since it looks kinda heavy, shipping cost might exceed the value of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here