Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
montana24ba

Linens From Vintage Trunk I Purchased

montana24ba
11 years ago

I purchased an Indestructo trunk that dates 1908. It contained a Horsman Doll from around the 1920's. Also included was a TON of linens, blankets and related items. I don't know much about these and was hoping someone could help identify anything about them (age, type, etc.). Thanks!

Comments (6)

• montana24ba
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another one.

• montana24ba
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another

• montana24ba
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another

• montana24ba
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have a large amount of other pictures and could upload them to photobucket.com if anyone would like to see them or has knowledge about the ones currently pictured. Thanks for any/all help!

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    11 years ago

Your crocheted doilies bring back memories. Both of my grandmothers crocheted, using a small hook and white cotton thread. Some of the doilies had '3d' flounces, meant to be starched. You can google 'vintage crochet patterns' for more info.

The last pic is pulled thread, or drawn thread work--can't tell from the pic. What fun you must have had, going through the trunk!

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Last pic is a "tea towel" 1st pic has popcorn stitch-that is what the little "balls" you see in groups are,2nd may be called "daisy" as center flower looks kind of like 1. 3rd 1 is variation of "pineapple" stitch. 4th may or may not be older than rest as that is old pattern. Sometimes called medallion. I had a purse mom was making of black cotton fine thread with pattern like that & front & sides were done so I thought I would finish it so decided to wash it 1st, the whole thing fell into tiny little thread pieces. It was probably #10 cotton yarn but it may have been left in sun or gotten mildew on it but it did not hold up. I've bought old linens & never had that happen before. So wash them by hand & get some instructions on how to do it & best product to use to wash them. All will need to be laid out on towel & pinned in place with stainless steel straight pins(so don't get rust spots on them & need a sugar water or some type "stiffening" to look their best. Look on web for recipes to mix it, dip & squeeze out gently & pin in place on towel until dry, then ready to use. Looking at the tea towel again it looks like the flowers were not embroidered. Are they light blue ink, if so it was not finished. Flowers would have been any color to please person doing it.