how do I post a photo??????

Posted by Pam5091 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 18, 10 at 17:23

I can't find anything in the instructions that tells you how to post a photo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how do I post a photo??????

Hi Pam,
In order to post a photo, it has to "live" somewhere on the web (ie. not just be on your computer). What internet photo hosting site do you use? I use photobucket but I assume other photo sites are similar. Once your photos are on the web at a host site, you can start a message on this site, then open your photo site and copy the photo you want, then move back to this site and press paste. So it is just a copy-and-paste function once you have your photos uploaded. Hope this helps.

o
RE: how do I post a photo??????

A few of the forums on Garden Web do allow one to post a photo. The "Kitchen Table" does not. As explained by the poster above, this forum provides a place to store a link to an image file that resides somewhere else on the internet.

But that is not all bad. The forums in Garden Web that permit images limits the file size to 60 K bytes. That is barely enough to display low level photos, enough for you to get an impression of what the picture is about, but not enough to show a high quality picture of any size. That limitation disappears for linking to an external site where an image is stored. Any limitation therein is set by the arrangement between you and the external site such as "Photobucket".

o
RE-2: how do I post a photo??????

Ooops! In my prior post, I mentioned "Kitchen Table" when it should have been "Antiques and Collectibles". However, both of these operate the same way for posting an image.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here