Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mysterious Blue Compote Bowl

Posted by MizzSavy (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 18, 11 at 16:50

Hello! I believe I purchased this bowl from an estate sale a few years back. I was getting wound up in the world of depression glass and I have not been able to find anything about this piece. I don't even know for sure if it is from that era. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mysterious Blue Compote Bowl

Hmmmmmm? Don't think it's Depression....might be EAPG....But I don't know who or what....
Have you looked well at the Fenton and Imperial 1060's stuff?
Is it a good quality glass?....smooth and heavy?
The more I look the more I think it's EAPG.....mayeb a footed honey dish? For the strange bee that has a 6 sided comb?
Tis a puzzlement!

o

What do the images impressed on the glass depict? I don't think it's depression, either. Looks heavy and looks like a decent piece. I see an air bubble in the glass in one of the pictures. Fenton made a lot of blue, but this just doesn't strike me as Fenton........it's just a little too clunky. It really doesn't strike me as EAPG either. I think it's newer.

o

The glass is smooth and heavy. I will look into those suggestions you made. Let you know if I find anything. Thank you so much!

o
RE: Images

There are images of a seamstress, a shoemaker, a metal worker, an indian, a fisherman, a baker, a lumberjack, and a few I can't determine. they seem to depict professions from back in the day.

o

My mother had the same dish. It is a covered candy dish made for the Bicentennial. Sorry don't know who made it.

o

I've seen several in the antique mall where I have a space, but they usually have a lid. I also *think* they sell for under $20. ;o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here