Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
antique musical scripts

Posted by tonnis (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 4, 10 at 15:10

Hello there,
I'd like to know if anyone out there knows anything about old musical scripts. Ch Gounod Romeo et Juliette partition piano solo by theatre National de l'opera price 10 francs net PARIS Choudens editeur no date but presumably late 1800s-early 1900s is an example of what I have. Does anyone have any information on this kind of text.
Thanks
tonnis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: antique musical scripts

Is it printed or engraved? I have some old sheet music that is engraved.
I think the only value would be decoration, but not sure.

o

They are all printed and in a pretty good condition.I wouldn't think they had any decorative value and I'm not sure if they first editions. Only one is a hardback.

o

It's the engraved ones with the plate line that have decorative value...
The main value would be to someone who wants the paino part of the Romeo and Juiliette score.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here