Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hollohaza porcelain violin by Hungarian artist Szasz Endre

Posted by zack14smithy (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 10, 10 at 11:44

I found this Hollohaza porcelain violin by the famous Hungarian artist Szasz Endre a couple of months ago on eBay. It had a reserve on it, and the highest bid was around $400 but the reserve was not met.

Now it is back up for sale, but NO reserve, and now it is at $200:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220707134730&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

It will sell for sure, how high should I bid?

It seems that it is at least worth $400, since that was the last high bid in the first auction, do you think it is worth more than that?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220707134730&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hollohaza porcelain violin by Hungarian artist Szasz Endre

You posted this same message on September 17 of this year. I suspect you are trying to sell the item. This is not a buy and sell forum.

o

Do you want it? Why? to re-sell or because you just love, love the piece?
There are several references to a hollohaza violin...but I suspect they all refer to this one.
If you love it and have to have it...buy it for what you can afford...but if you think you will make money on it, I fear you are sadly mistaken.
Linda C

o

Do you want it? Why? to re-sell or because you just love, love the piece?
There are several references to a hollohaza violin...but I suspect they all refer to this one.
If you love it and have to have it...buy it for what you can afford...but if you think you will make money on it, I fear you are sadly mistaken.
Linda C

o

The violin pictured is improperly strung and can not be played. Look up near the end of the neck and you will see that the strings are out of place. Something is amiss unless this is a decorative piece only, but then for $100 or so, I'd expect to see a better representaion.

o

Hehehehe Jem! You made me laugh.

I think it's a cello for a rabbit--no chin rest but quite an endpin!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here