Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stumped - trying to find coffeyville salt glaze crocks

Posted by prairiemom (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 21, 10 at 22:02

We have inherited a 20 gal Coffeyville, KS salt glaze crock. It's in good shape and has a 5" blue sunflower stamped on the front with "Coffeyville" stamped in the middle of it. We are wondering about its value, and if there are other crocks available out there. Googling did not find much.
Thanks for your expertise in the area of crocks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stumped - trying to find coffeyville salt glaze crocks

They are out there..not a lot and I can't find much info about when the pottery was in business.
But there are several of various sizes offered for sale on the net.

Here is a link that might be useful: crock

o

When I was on a farm in the 1940s, we had a couple of stoneware crocks similar to yours and our major use for those was to make sauerkraut.

o

Thanks lindac and jemdandy. I'll keep watching for information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here