Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recognize this Limoges pattern?

Posted by suzannesl (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 16:58

This porcelain service belonged to my great-great aunt who moved to WY as a young woman in the late 1800s and died in Los Angeles in the early 1950s. I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I haven't found anything that looks like this online. It would probably help if I had taken a photo of the mark on the back, but I didn't, and the set is currently up at my SIL's. This is one of the last bits of Mom's estate. Thanks so much for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recognize this Limoges pattern?

How do you know ti's Limoges?
It's beautiful!! Why would you ever want to sell it? Keep it think of what an elegant table it will set!

o

I'm an avid reader of the backs of china, and have looked at the back of this set any number of times. About 5 years ago, I took photos of many of Mom's things for an inventory, which is why I have the photos. I didn't want to forget that her Great Aunt Elizabeth was the original owner of this set. I just can't remember right off which of the many Limoges marks is on this set! Here's the other photo I have of a couple of serving pieces. I do love them, and I may keep them. The problem is I don't really have a space for them.

o

.....sigh........

o

I second that sigh...

o

I could get very creative finding a space for that service, in your shoes :-)

o

Mom had so many beautiful things. There's still a set of Dionne Quintuplet dolls in the original basket, and then the just sentimental. There's a silver tea service imprinted with the family crest (her grandfather was a Scottish immigrant) that her grandfather bought at the end of the cattle drive (WY to wherever the market was - Kansas City?) for her grandmother. Yes, *sigh*.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here