Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Identifying Desk & Chair

Posted by CoryP (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 13:29

I could use some help identifying my Grandfathers old desk and chair. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Identifying Desk & Chair

A view of the top of the desk with leather inlay. It also has 2 drop leaves of either side

o

The Chair that goes along with the desk

o

The chair doesn't look as old as the desk. I don't think they're a set. It could be Fisher Price? Possibly Playskool.

Love the desk--great shape if one has the room for it! More photos would be helpful, and probably the chair too.

o

Oh good. There's the chair. That goes much better.

o

Drop leaf on either side

o

Can you show a picture of the chair - whole chair?

Nice desk, if you have the room for it, although it's not good if you need file space. They were often used in reception areas and hotels as writing desks.

Hard to tell the vintage becvause they had a fairly long period of manufacture.

o

Lovely set!! Could that have been in your grandfather's place of business? It looks like an executive office desk.
I am guessing sometime in the era of 1920 to 1930.
How tall is the desk top from the floor? Looks like it's missing a caster or a bun foot on the bottom of the leg.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here