Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got a kick out of this CL listing

Posted by newhomebuilder (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 19, 10 at 12:39

Thought y'all would, also!

Is it an antique, or 20 years old? Good condition or NOT! The seller can't seem to make up his mind. lol

Too me, it looks older than 20. In fact, it looks a lot like the trunk that I have - minus the legs - that went through the Gold Rush with distant relatives. Missing hinges and all!

Care to guess the age?

Here is a link that might be useful: CL Antique Trunk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got a kick out of this CL listing

The seller must have seen your post because the listing has been deleted! LOL!

o

Oh dern! They either sold it, or someone wrote them to say that they should rethink selling it for the amount they were. They were not asking much, and I feel sure it was worth more than they wanted. It really was charming and looked much older than 20 years. Said it was his wife's when she was a little girl.

Here is a terrible photo of mine...just add feet to get a visual.
Photobucket

o

I'll bet somebody snapped it up, and they deleted the post! I would have. Your's is gorgeous!!

o

Thanks! Unfortunately, the straps and key escutcheon are missing, and then there's the missing hinges and a split in the back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here