Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
KNEEDIT Olemargarine Can

Posted by dmuellenberg (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 5, 10 at 12:15

I have a 50lb can with KNEEDIT OLEOMARGARINE on it. I've tried searching the internet but can't find much information about the product, so I'm thinking it may be a rare item. Anyone know whether this is worth anything or not? TIA

KNEEDIT Can

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: KNEEDIT Olemargarine Can

It's made for commercial bakeries...as far as I know it's still made....but perhaps not sold in that can.
Linda C

o

Name trademarked 1954. Trademark lapsed 1996.

http://www.trademarkia.com/kneedit-71658938.html

o

Does it have a barcode label on it? Lack of a barcode would probably mean that it was older, as opposed to newer.

o

I see "Wesson Product" written on the can. Maybe it was once owned by the Wesson Oil people? I checked out lazygardens link and thought maybe Wesson sold the line to the company that owns it now? Just a thought.

o

See the link for information on the "Kneedit" trademark. The trademark was registered by "The Southern... /Wesson" company, and it has been allowed to expire.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kneedit trademark

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here