Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amasake

Danish Modern Bedroom Set from late 1950's

amasake
12 years ago

I inherited a 4-piece mahogany bedroom set in the Danish Modern style from my grandmother, who gently used it in her guest room from the 60's thru the late 80's. It's a tall dresser, a long dresser w/ mirror, a bed frame with headboard storage and a nightstand. Interesting pale green-ish finish on all.

I've had it for about twenty years -- mostly in my guest room, too, but my older brother used it in his first apartment, so it's seen plenty of use. The finish is damaged in places but the pieces are solid, the legs are sturdy. Everything is original, including the big mirror which is clear and in great condition.

I'm downsizing to a small condo & would like to unload these pieces as soon as possible. When I google Danish Modern furniture to get an idea of price, I'm having a hard time finding anyone selling an entire bedroom set from this period.

What should I do? My initial thought is to post on CraigsList but I don't have any idea what to ask. I'm not looking to make a killing or anything, but these are well-loved pieces and ideally I'd find a collector who'd enjoy them, not some college kid who's just looking for cheap, disposable furniture.

How do I go about finding such a collector, or someone who might appreciate a full bedroom set in this retro style?

Or is this style worthless...?? When I search online, though, it seems to be pretty popular (I've read articles that say Mad Men has created an interest in this sorta stuff).

Any thoughts? Any advice would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you very much for your input.

PS I have photos but I don't know how to post them to this message, please email me if you'd like to see 'em or if you can tell me how to get 'em up here, thanks again.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator