Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help identify this glass maker

Posted by janofmn (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 30, 09 at 10:22

HELP please.
I bought a clear rose colored glass dish at a sale. It resembles a plate that has 2 sides brought up to look like the flat baskets you would gather cut flowers in.
there is a symbol of a 'treble clef ' on the bottom center of the dish. The dish reminds me of depression era glass but I don't think it is that old.
Does anyone know who made this?
Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help identify this glass maker

Sounds like a "banana boat"....but we need pictures to really ID it.
Linda C

o

Is it a treble clef or could it possibly be something that looks like a cursive L?

o

Not an I G with 1 imposed over the other, that is Imperial Glass. Viking had a lot of vases, rose bowls but they had clear sticker on them. Is it completely plain or is there a design etched? A.H. Heisey made unusual items but their molds were sold to Imperial in 1958. Both companies are gone now. pic would sure help.

o

how do I post photos on here?

o

Go to Photobucket or another picture sharing site and follow their directions.
Linda c

o

Here are the photos. Not very good but you will get the idea.
Thanks for you help so far!
http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/janofmn/identify glassmaker/?action=viewt=ac006.jpg&newest=1

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/janofmn/identify glassmaker/?action=view¤t=ac006.jpg&newest=1

o

Embarrassing though it is.....I never saw that mark and can't find anything about it on line....sigh.... LOL!
The dish looks like depression glass in the form....I can't get a good picture of the color...but it looks like that depression glass pink.
I have a huge list of who DIDN'T make it...Jeanette, anchor hocking, Fenton, Fostoria, Imperial, Heisey....
Well you get the idea!
I believe it dates to about 1930 to 1950...not sure if it's american....a picture showing the color will be a better indication....and I think it's a very nice piece. It's commonly called a Banana Bowl...yes made form the mold of a plate that has had the sides pushed up while it's still not set. It was used as a center piece for a table usually with fruit....and I'll bet there were candle sticks to go with it.
Sorry I can't put a name on it.
Linda C

o

Linda C
thanks for your input. I will post a couple more photos later, after I finish my salad;)
Thanks again,
Jan

o

here are 3 more photos
http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/janofmn/

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/janofmn/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here