Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1940's Walt Disney Fantasia Centaurette

Posted by briant97 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 9:08

http://www.tgldirect.com/products/walt-disney/walt-disney-fantasia-centaurette-figurine-by-vernon-kilns-antique-1940/068500930000/

What do you guys think of this guy? What is the real value on something like this piece?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1940's Walt Disney Fantasia Centaurette

Any value is what someone will pay. I think it's highly unlikely that someone will pay $1600 for that pottery figurine.

o

Old Disney licensed items are extremely collectable, but they have suffered the dip in economy like everything else. You also really need to know what you are doing to not get taken in the market with knock-offs, and how you sell your items will impact their going price steeply. I had a pair of vintage Disney figurines from my mother's estate. They had dropped to about 45% of their value on the collector's market. They still were worth 3 figures and I put a bug in a relative's ear to whom I gave them to not ever put them in a yard sale, but check their value if she ever sold them. I didn't even check your link because I'm in no position to evaluate it and if you ever do have occasion to buy or sell in that type of market, seek advise from someone who is reputable in it. Not all of it has significant value and that type of collecting is not up my tree.

o

Thanks for the reply guys looks like it went for $1600. Guess it was valued right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here