Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lovely old plates! Stoke on Trent

Posted by kathal (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 6:29

I have plates with diamond marks, the name of them are LOTUS, it also have Stoke on trentstamps on it. I live (come from) in sweden and my english is soooo baaaad! Can someone give me some information, I want to have more plates, i like them a lot. Are they common, how old etc.??? Best reegards: Katarina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lovely old plates! Stoke on Trent

This is the frontmotif!

o

Your plate was made in England in December of 1869 in the Staffordshire district.
If you can post a picture of the whole plate perhaps someone may more easily identify the pattern.
Linda C

o

Made by George Jones

o

Linda C - so happy for info! I hope yoa are right!!!

o

Actually the design was registered in December of 1869, doesn't necessarily mean the plate was made then.

They didn't change the date code for each month of production.

Usually the designs lasted for a few years, although some very popular ones lasted decades.

Very Egyptian revival in design which was popular in the 1870-1880 period.

o

Thanks. Yes I agree the pattern is not the most common one, whwn I think "England" I think figurativ, (herds)romantic, naturscenery, countryside,lovely buildings, and horses etc. Aha the fahsion was like this att the end of 1800, I did not knew! Than

o

Nothing to add, but the plate is very pretty!

o

Katarina,

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about your English, I'm sure your Swedish is very good!

Barbara

o

Welcome to the forum, Katarina. Fabulous plates! Best of luck finding more in this beautiful & unusual pattern. 'Replacements' (a large matching service in the US) doesn't even list this pattern so I suspect it's quite rare - at least in this country.

o

Thanks all of you, I hope that I "pop in to the plates" one day or another, I hope for the best.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here