Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help

Posted by shootincyclone (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 7, 08 at 23:55

I am new to the site, hello everyone.

I have this beautiful armoire and I would like to learn more about it, value, ect.. It has a plate on the inside that says;

"Walnut
Cabinet Works!
London"

Does anyone know anything about it?? I have googled every combination imagineable and come up with very little.

Thank you for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......putting psychic hat on............nope! It's busted. A picture would help. And in any case, its value is what someone else will pay for it. The same item will attract a different price depending on where you're trying to sell it, so you'll only get a very general idea unless you take it to a dealer in YOUR area.

o

Googling "Walnut Cabinet Works" reveals there is/was a company of that name in London England which was making reproduction antique style furniture at least in the 1950s and 1960s. It may have gone out of business in the 1990s or early 2000s.

o

Have a look here- there's even a picture of the label so you can see if it's the same:

Here is a link that might be useful: Walnut Cabinet Works repro armoire

o

Colleenoz, thank you. The link you provided does have the same label as mine.

I sent that ebay seller an e-mail and they dont know anything about it.....hmmm.

o

I'm not sure what else it is you're looking to find, beyond the fact that this is a piece of reproduction furniture made about 50 years ago, and according to the ebay auction it went for 65 English pounds, or about $110.00 US dollars. What more are you wanting to know?

o

I have the same exact one that I'm trying to sell for the same price I purchased it for, http://houston.craigslist.org/fuo/908479963.html. I bought it a year ago from a dealer who thought it was turn of the century -- guess he missed it by about 50 years.

Here is a link that might be useful: craigslist posting

o

Walnut Cabinet Works was started by my grandfather in 1912.
The name changed to Olympus Furniture in 1972, but it is still the same company. I run it now. If you send me a pic of your item, I might be able to identify it for you.

o

My daughter has just bought some bedroom furniture in an auction for 140 pounds marked Walnut Cabinet Works London (triple wardrobe, double wardrobe, dressing table and stool, 2 single headboards and a bedside table). It is cream with gold decoration and her and her boyfriend are thrilled with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here