Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Victorian house blog??

Posted by lov_mkitchen (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 22:41

Does anyone know of a Victorian house blog like the Retro Renovation blog? I read Pam's blog all the time but I'm really into a bit older stuff than that. Still admire those bathrooms and love the bright colored kitchens! The dark Victorian colors don't do anything for me but I like the furniture style and prefer wood to steel cabinets. My house is old enough that I can use almost any era although I can't imagine a granite counter, pendant lights and an island with bar stools.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Victorian house blog??

Check the old house forum here on GW. A few of those folks keep blogs and they'll probably know a few more.

I don't know if there's anything out there like retrorenovation though!

o

Here's a pretty good one that I belong to.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old House blog / forum

o

This is a good one. I've been following it on and off for years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Victorian House

o

I'm on oldhouseforum but it's not very active. Our Victorian House. Did you hear that they ended up loosing the house? One of the kids got lead posioning. I don't know all the details. I agree, nothing like retrorenovation.com

o

I'll be checking on blogs from folks on here, checked Old House forum/blog - looks promising, lots to look at yet. If My Old House On line was busy, it would be enought, but there isn't much traffic there. I'll go back to the GW old house and look for blogs. Thanks, everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here