Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this tea set worth anything?

Posted by angln (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 19:16

Japanese tea set ( i think that it is hand painted)
the tea pot has a chip on the spout
there are 3 cups and 6 saucers
fair condition with some small chip spots on a couple saucers

has been in the family china cabinet since before i was born i believe

any help would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this tea set worth anything?

Only thing I know is I have seen it before many times, usually the saucers or a cup ,sometimes teapot minus the lid & sometimes just the lid. Any markings on the bottom? Is it child sized or for adults. Kids stuff is often worth more.

o

Everything is 'worth something"....but also your set is missing 3 cups, the creamer and sugar bowl and the pot has a chip.....and it's not one of the more desireable patterns.
So...the answer is yes it's worth 'something" but not a lot. You might get more if you sold just the 3 cups and saucers one at a time.
Linda C

o

Look on ebay for lustreware or lustre ware or luster ware or lusterware, & MIJ or made in japan or occupation or occupied japan.

It isn't real expensive, but collectors often need pieces to complete their sets.

I love that stuff!

o

Linda is right sell the 3 cups and saucers as a set of 3 and then sell the rest by the piece,if some one is missing a cup or saucer you have a better chance of selling them, the tea pot spout has a good size chip in it, but the lid if in good shape is worth more than the pot.
Bear

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here