Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need help identifying this wood carved toy

Posted by litli_skitur (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 13, 10 at 16:43

I was told this may come from the Black Forest region, but I have no idea. This is a hand carved animated toy. When you push the button on the side the dog bites the man in the behind. Can anyone tell me anything about this piece?

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucketcarving

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need help identifying this wood carved toy

Awesome toy. Good luck finding out about it!

o

I think it is called a "penny toy" came from Germany. Many unsigned but some have Kellermann, Meier, Fischer, or Distler. From around early to late 1800's-1920's but could be repo so then not worth much. Will look in my 2 other books. If real worth over $100.

o
Bank?

Not a penny toy as they were tin,& not more than 5 in tall. reread it-sorry, it looks more like a bank, does it have a slot for money anywhere? Otherwise I don't have any listing for animated toys or wooden. Does look German tho. Might try Googling"German antique animated wooden toys" & see if you get anything.

o

Yes I thought German as well. I saw some similar but all that was said about them is that they came from the Black Forest region. No, there is no slot for money.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here