Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
** Any ideas on value - china & wooden box **

Posted by storm28 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 31, 10 at 13:26

Hi everyone. I've been digging through my mothers loft and trying to research some of the antiques I found however this stuff I can't seem to find any info on. Would really like to have an idea of their value (for insurance reasons etc. don't intend to sell them as such). The china says "Kuhn & Komor" on the bases. The small wooden box is really cutely designed, it did have a small key with it but I can't find it currently...

Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

Anyone who can give me any info on the above - I'd be very grateful! Many thanks :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ** Any ideas on value - china & wooden box **

Because it's labeled Kuhn & Komor, I would guess that it was made in Japan, the painting is cherry blossoms, and it was made around the turn of the century. There is some value, but how much I could only guess. My guess would be around $300. This is just a guess. Maybe someone else can give you a better one.
The value of the box would be as a decorative object.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here