Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Antique German Doll- need help identifying

Posted by dede.vintageandflea (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 11 at 10:28

Can anyone tell me anything about this doll we just found:
http://www.vintageandflea.com/home/2011/10/25/our-latest-mystery-an-antique-panoy-iii-german-bisque-doll.html

She is an antique german doll- any info would be appreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Antique German Doll- need help identifying

I can't get to you picture link. Can you upload the photos directly here? What are the markings on the doll? There should be something on the back of the neck or head.

o
RE: Antique German Doll- need help identifying

I found it. The doll is "Pansy", not Panoy. Imported by the Borgefeldt company around the turn of the century-1910's.

The wig looks original, or at least appropriate for the doll, so that adds to the value. Are the glass eyes shattered and gone, or are they still attached to that rocker?

If there is any damage to the head, that greatly affects the value, so look for flakes and chips around the eyes and mouth, and hairline cracks in the bisque. The best way to do this is to shine a flashlight into the head while looking at it in a dark room. Any cracks or repairs will become obvious.

Pansy's are a pretty doll, but considered a "common" dolly-faced German bisque.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here