Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pix of 3 blue glass items-hopefully !

Posted by mad_about_mickey (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 6, 09 at 9:55

Her -hopefully are the items I asked about.
In left of photo item is 4 3/4 "tall and 3 3/4 " wide.It has 4 'ribbs' evenly spaced around body and a raised # 3 on its bottom.

Center item is is 8 3/4 " tall and 1 1/2 " wide, with no markings on bottom. It does have lettering on its body.

Item to right is 5" tall and 4" wide has a raised USA and # 4 on bottom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pix of 3 blue glass items-hopefully !

No pix....

o

I had said hopefully....

Photobucket

o

The 2 vases are 1940's glass....not "fine glass" but just glass. I don;'t know what the numbers mean on those sorts of pieces.
The bottle likely has the size on it...I can't see it well enough to know if it has a pontil ( looks like it doesn't) nor a cut rim ( again doesn't look like it does) where the mold lines stop if the rim is applied etc....all indicators of age.
But it looks to me like maybe an ice wine bottle.
They make a nice grouping.
Linda C

o

THese are pretty, but why do you think they have any great value or age? The vase on the left and the bottle in the middle look pretty recent.

o
RE: Pix of 3 blue glass items-hopefully

I had asked what the numbers meant on bottoms of the pieces.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z101/mad_about_mickey_album/Flowers and plants/Glass/?action=viewt=DSCF9557.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: bottle

o

I can't read the writing...but the bottle's not old, it's totally molded and I think my original guess of a wine bottle was pretty accurate.
Linda C

o

From reading another of the 'decorating' boards on GW, I noticed this in a message referring to the "antiques & collectables forum" re: Pinky & Blue Boy.

(I'll admit to posting something that I knew exactly what it was and its appraised value just to see how it played out).

So, now when I come across a message such as this OP posted, it makes me wonder if this is some kind of a test or is there something that the poster is holding back!!!!!!

But pure and simple.....they're very pretty.

o

I have no idea what pinky and blue boy are.
I came here and asked a simple question pertaining to the raised numbers that are on some of my items.
I posted additional pictures and as you can see the letters USA and # 4 are not very easy to see. You can clearly see the # 3 and all I wanted was an answer as to what these numbers are there for, I did NOT come here for an appraisal or ask what they were worth.
Check my posts, and don't assume something else .

o

The numbers are probably patent or design numbers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here