Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (7)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

I don't know, but I did notice that the seller has no reviews at all.

HERE is a link to another one on Ebay, that is a very 'similar' pose, and it is all white. That seller has over 2000 100% Feedbacks and the white one sold for $525.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to the one you are asking about...$1500

• Fori
    12 years ago

Are we the seller?

• Hoof-hearted
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yeah. I am the seller. Thanks guys. I don't know how to make a link or I would. I thought it was as easy as copying and pasting the address, but apparently not.

Chemo, do you think it will negatively affect sales, buy not having any feedback? I shared one with my wife for years, but decided to create my own to sell some of my collectibles. I wonder if new sellers ever reach full market potential, or if we are basically just giving our stuff away out right, until we get a few stars under our belts.

Thanks for the help and the links.

• lindac
    12 years ago

Use your account to buy until you get some feedback.....then sell.
    Why do you think it's worth $1500?

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

Can anyone help me to date the manufacture of this piece?
    I too would like to know how you came up with the price, since you don't know the date of manufacture.

Chemo, do you think it will negatively affect sales, buy not having any feedback?
    I'm sure it will have a negative impact, particularly for an item costing more than just a few dollars.

Sue

• karinl
    12 years ago

I too think that you will have better luck with no feedback selling less expensive items first. I noted your comment on ebay about the previous shared account, and would suggest you maybe link to that ebay account so that anyone who wants to verify your history with your wife can do so.

It might help to overcome the no feedback thing if your pictures are especially good and your description more factual than promotional. I also think your asking price is probably too high, and that doesn't add to the trust factor.

Notwithstanding all that negative input, good luck :-)

Karin L

• Hoof-hearted
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sue. I came up with 1500 asking because that is less than half of what Nymphenburg USA or Kneen & Co. would demand for a similar size and style piece, brand new reproduction.

Thanks for the advice on buying with the new account until feedback is recieved. I probably should have used this strategy to begin with. I have already given away a couple of pieces for less than what I had in them, and far less than there potential retail. Oh well, living and learning.

Still no thoughts on age/designer? It seems it might be simplest to visit the Nymphenburg Palace in Munich for some sort of answer. Guessing by the style, I would think designed in the late 18c/early 19c, but this is merely a guess. I'm open to guesses at this point. Thanks again

Shel

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living