Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Had Some Fun..

Posted by bulldinkie (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 7:23

Some family lost their father.He lived in a small house.They want to destroy the house ,build a new one,my hubby is a builder.He said the house is just like the day he died.He said to the family 3 times when are you cleaning it out?They said we're not were done.So hubby called me he said do you want to root before we bulldoze it ,He said there is some nice dishes etc Alot of the stuff he didnt even use its still in original packing,I got 2 cut glass bowls,2 candy dishes,a beer stein,pitcher & bowl set I want to look up some of these things,there were 2 bibles,even his glasses & remote were still on the table beside the couch..There were baby pictures,the family just didnt want to bother.They bulldozed it yesterday

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Had Some Fun..

That's so sad when a family just is willing to destroy all the old family pictures and momentos.
But glad you got the good stuff out....

o

That is sad.

o

"We're done'. It sounds like the family cleaned out (took) what they wanted, needed, had room or a use for it.

Go to the 'organizing' forum and you may get a better understanding of why stuff was left.

Or, interpret as they took the REALLY good stuff. Either way, you got some things that you can enjoy.

Barbara

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here