Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazydaisynot

Help suggesting China mfr. based on vague recollection

lazydaisynot
11 years ago

I'm nostalgic about a set of fine china from my childhood. The set is long gone and my memory is vague. What I recall: white background (predominant color); kelly green ornamentation; gold ornamentation; possibly other colors; botanical motif that I believe differed on various pieces; lids of covered dishes/tureens had handles shaped like stems/plants. I believe the set was purchased in the 1950s or before; definitely no later than the early 60s. I think it was finer rather than heavy (in terms of heft and thickness). I don't think there were any small regular designs, but rather more freeform flourishes; so while it was quite lovely and "fancy", it didn't have a traditional, formal look. I'm guessing it was not inexpensive.

I'd like to search for a piece or two if it's available and affordable but I have no idea where to begin. My google searches for the shaped handles took me to Fitz and Floyd, but what I saw on-line was more exaggerated, for lack of a better word, than the set I'm recalling. Any guesses of manufacturers, despite my vague and perhaps even incorrect description? Thanks, all!

Comments (7)