Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any Coca Cola collectors here?

Posted by notitfortat (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 23:55

I got this recently and have not been able to find out anything about it. It winds at the bottom and spins to the tune of 'My Favorite Things'. I don't really think it's very old and probably not incredibly valuable but I'm just hoping to find out how recently it was made and if there are more like it and if so, where might I find them? Thanks in advance!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any Coca Cola collectors here?

Hm. The song was written in the '50s. I don't know anything about Coke stuff but could someone have stuck the music thing onto an older Coke canister?

o

Nah. It was definitely made that way.

o

The canister is not very old, this was a hobby a few years back, take the musical movement and put it on any metal canister or tin box you had around to repurpose it....Last year, I saw vendors doing this at a craft show with newer metal lunch boxes..I received one last year as a joke gift, it was a Christmas canister that played When Irish Eyes are smiling..LOL

o

Don't know alot about antiques, at least not enough to give solid advice, but I have that Coke tin too. I think Dotz is right. Mine isn't very old.
I didn't spend much time searching eBay, your tin might be there, but here is one similar (its a cookie/fruitcake tin though)

Here is a link that might be useful: Bristolware Cookie Tin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here