Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynxs1126

Pinky and Blue Boy

lynxs1126
16 years ago

I HAVE AQUIRED A SET OF PICTURES,BLUE BOY AND PINKY THEY ARE THE LARGEST SET I HAVE SEEN. 20 WIDE/36 LONG NOT INCLUDING THE FRAMES.THE FRAMES ARE DONE IN GOLD AND ANTIQUE WHITE AND HAVE SMALL BRASS? PLATES OF THE BOTTOM ABOUT 3 INCHES LONG,BLUE BOY'S SAYS "BLUEBOY AFTER GAINSBOROUGH" AND PINKY'S SAYS "PINKY AFTER LAWRENCE" THESE PICTURE ARE QUITE LARGE AND I HAVE NO WHERE TO DISPLAY THEM.ANY IDEA OF THE VALUE? OR OFFERS FOR THAT MATTER THANKS,LINDA SMITH

Comments (11)

• Ideefixe
    16 years ago

Considering that the originals are hale and hearty in Pasadena's Huntington Library, what kind of reproductions do you have? Copies by a painter could be worth something, but run of the mill department store copies would probably fetch something for the frames.

• hot_foxy_ride_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

i was wondering if you found a value on the set? i have a large set also with the name plates and authenticity certificates on the backs. my mother has a smaller set that was purchased by my grandparents in 1951, they are under glass. would appreciate some feedback, i think they are library editions...thanx

• lindac
    15 years ago

They are worth about what the frame is worth.
    Linda C

• craigthomas1_live_ca
    13 years ago

I have a blueboy plate from romania. Trying to find something like it but can't. i'd like to know it's approx. age, and value.

• hrlw_grnt_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I recently bought a pinky and blue boy set of figurines and I would like to know what the worth is. My Grandmother used to have there pictures in her home. If some one knows the approximate value of these figurines I would appreciate it if you would reply thank you so much.

• lindac
    12 years ago

Their value depends on who made the figurines.
    Linda C

• sjarz
    12 years ago

Hey Linda, did you get the feeling that nobody caught what you said the value of these things was? LOL..
    Suzan J
    You have the patience of Job!!

• lindac
    12 years ago

yeah yeah....thanks....people don't seem to realize that the image is worth nothing....it's who and how rendered the image.

"Hey! I have a picture of Santa Clause in a wood frame under glass...what's it worth?"
    Or better yet..."hey, I have a picture of the Mona Lisa framed in a wooden frame under glass....."

• omie244_sbcglobal_net
    12 years ago

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLUE BOY AND PINKIE PICTURES ON
    THE BACK IT SAYS JIC NEW YORK MADE IN ITALY THE GLASS IN CONCAVE AND THE FRAME IS BRASS WHAT IS THE VALUE OF THESE

• lindac
    12 years ago

LOL!!! They are only worth what the frames are worth.....and that depends on their size and condition.

• colleenoz
    7 months ago

Put them on eBay, a sure fire way of determining an item's value.