Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oceangirlme

Can you identify this Limoges china pattern?

oceangirlme
13 years ago

This set of china was owned by our great uncle who was a world traveler back in the '50's and '60's. My sister is trying to decide whether to sell this china set or buy the missing pieces and keep it. She has looked at numerous websites and has been unable to identify the pattern.

Can anybody identify this pattern? Do you have any idea how old this set it? Any information would be great appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (10)

• lindac
    13 years ago

Raynoud is one of the old fine French porcelain makers.
    I dont' know the pattern, but I'll bet you could email these people a picture and they will know.
    Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Raynoud

• wendy177
    13 years ago

Your pattern is called COUNTRY FLOWERS The mark dates your piece 1952 and after, Dinner plate value around $45.00 each

• sheilajoyce_gw
    13 years ago

So lovely!

• oceangirlme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody.

Wendy - where did you find the name of this pattern? We haven't been able to find any information on "country flowers". Thanks!

• wendy177
    13 years ago

ocean As far as dating your piece that was found in literature I own ( I have a very large antique reference library that was handed down to me) But I'm sure you could find it online by researching the makers mark. I found your pattern at www.replacements.com select china, then R for Raynaud , then scroll down & select Raynaud, then select country flowers.

• norar_il
    13 years ago

That is really pretty.

• Rhonda Engel
    4 years ago

I have the same set. It was my mother’s and she was married in 1955. I was also wondering the name of the pattern. Thanks for the info.

• Helen
    4 years ago

Not to burst OP's bubble but the prices on replacements have almost no basis in reality.

There are a plethora of Limoges china dinner sets floating around because no one wants them just as there is loads of antique brown furniture which can't be given away.

I have a similar set of Limoges inherited from my grandmother which no one in the family wanted. My generation already has one if not two sets from grandmother and mother :-) and it isn't the taste nor does it fit the lifestyle of those setting up households.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    4 years ago

We bought our daughter a new Raynaud china set for her wedding in 2005. Very lovely china.

• Billie Sherwin
    4 years ago

Very lovely pattern and Limoges!. Limogues is not that popular right now. It has gone down in price a lot in the last years. I would keep it and add what pieces need to be replaced to make it a usable set. The popularity will return, but see if any grandchildren like the pattern. My grandchildren have already picked their set from me some time ago.