Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
antique watch

Posted by sunskibeach (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 12 at 21:08

HI all, can someone tell me an approximate figure $$ for a watch that I plan on selling? I might need to get an appraisal but it's $80 and need to make sure that it's going to be worth it to me. The watch belonged to my grandmother. It's probably 80 years old. The watch itself is white gold with 6 little diamonds on it. I was told by someone they didn't think they were chips but something a tiny bit bigger so that's all I have to go on. It's a Benrus. The band is not white silver. Any ideas anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: antique watch

It would have to be worth a lot to be worth spending $80 on an appraisal.
Does it say 14 K or 10 K or18K...or 14KGF?? a small diamond, even a fully cut diamond is worth very little...I mean like $10 or $15 to sell
Can't possibly give any kind of answer ...with out a picture. But I strongly suspect you won't get more than $200...at the most...for it, and $80 is a lot to spend on appraising a $200 item.

o
RE: antique watch

a google search for vintage white gold Benrus watch will bring up lots of pictures and options. Take a Google and see if you can find it or something similar which might help you value yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here