Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hubley cast iron vintage door knockers

Posted by mush (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 10, 11 at 20:17

I found these in my Grammas old jewelry box today! I've see some listed for as much as $150 each. Anyone know more about them? I believe they were meant for bedroom doors. I plan on hanging them on our bedroom doors!

Hubley cast iron vintage door knockers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hubley cast iron vintage door knockers

Why do you think they were for bedroom doors? Very charming idea! They must not be large if found in Gramma's jewelry box. Do you have an idea of age, given they were Gramma's pieces? What a nice find! How do they hang?
Annie

o

Be still my heart!!Love Them!
Value? The fact that there are 2 the same in different colors would lend a lot to the value of each...
Think you would want to insure the pair for $200.
Theya re great!
Linda C

o

They are about 4" high and 2" wide. There are holes for screws under the bows and baskets. I read it mentioned on a site that quite often they were hung on bedroom doors.

o

How do you know they're Hubley's? Just wondered. I live in Lancaster Co and Hubley's were located here and made lots and lots of doorstops, banks, toys and other metal ware items.

They were inexpensive when made in the 30's, 40's and 50's but now they bring a good price at auctions. Or they did, before the collectible market crashed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hubley Toy Company

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here