Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Antique brick

Posted by filix (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 10, 09 at 20:04

About twenty years ago myself and another carpenter Remodeled a antique house into a doctors office. Kind of sad. It was a large home with a huge fireplace. We took down the chimney from the roof down to the large archway and behive oven. There were thousands of bricks. The man I was with told me that the brickmaker or mason signed and dated one brick. Just then I looked down and found it. filix.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Antique brick

Nice!! I have several my dad collected after the Northridge earthquake! Dad couldn't believe the things people threw out so he looked at lots of piles. I have a number of bricks with company name on them or other oddities. it's dark so not going out but I use them where some of them show the name. Need to do something more creative with them. That 1 would look good by front door like a plaque, wonder if it is made by hand. Mine are all machine made I think. There is a book on old barbed wire, wonder if there is book on old bricks!!

o

I love old bricks. That one is especially nice! I'm no expert, but it looks hand made and dated by hand. I have a few old bricks, not hand made, but from old buildings that have been torn down. I like when the company's name is on them. I've used some in my garden...still have quite a few, but not sure what to do with them yet. There's a hardscaping place near me that always has a pile of old bricks. I pick up a couple every now and then. The one you have should be displayed in a prominent place...I would even just put it up on a shelf.

o

Thankyou. I don't know that its worth anything,but I like. I belive it is handmade. It is also signed just above the 8. C. something. Its hard to make out. filix

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here