Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcv44_gw

Trying to identify this brand / logo

MCV44
12 years ago

This scarf is a 30+ year old gift and I am desperately trying to identify the designer / brand / logo. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://home.comcast.net/~mvaia/scarf.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (12)

• jemdandy
    12 years ago

It may be a stylized religious symbol or sorority. The greek letter, rho, is recognizable.

• lindac
    12 years ago

I see no Greek rho....which looks very like a "p".
    What was the occasion of the gift and who was the giver....would that provide a clue?

• Fori
    12 years ago

Is it a GP or a dL? I can't decide.

• voila
    12 years ago

I wish I had friends like that! The logo appears to be Georgio Armani. Hope this helps.

• justlinda
    12 years ago

Umm slight difference between "real" GA logo. Could perhaps be a knock-off logo.

Check the authentic logo here: http://www.yourlogoresources.com/giorgio-armani-logo/

• voila
    12 years ago

justlinda-Good eye! You're right, close but no cigar. Maybe it is a knock-off.

• karinl
    12 years ago

Actually the first thing I did was search for "GP scarf" and something "rho" came up. Following that idea I looked up the Greek alphabet and I think the other letter could be a stylized Theta. So I did an image search for Theta Rho. Nothing there, but that's the thread I think I would follow.

I also did an image search for "gp logo" and man, does gp ever stand for a lot of things! One problem is that companies have been known to update their logos.

Karin L

• MCV44
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It's actually a lot older than 30 years -- it's probably around 45 years old. I think this was a fairly common logo style back in the late 60's so many of them tend to resemble each other.

The logo is right side up in the pic so I'd have to say it's a GP, not DL.

Thanks for everyone's help. If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas, please continue to comment.

Thanks again.

• karinl
    12 years ago

It might help if you told us a little more... like who gave it to you (age, nationality), where it might have been bought, for what event was it given... is it silk or polyester...

Karin L

• MCV44
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This was a gift from my aunt. She wasn't old when she gave it to me -- maybe she was 30's at the time and I was around 20. No event -- she just gave to me out of the blue one day. The scarf is silk and we are Italian.

Thanks!

• lindac
    12 years ago

Is that the whole scarf unfolded? or a little corner? Can't get the scale in my head.

• karinl
    12 years ago

Good, that gives us a little more direction for the searching. This might be a useful resource linked below. Not sure if you can write to this person or not.

Karin L

Here is a link that might be useful: vintage logo site